Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Anywhere decent actually ON Male, Maldives?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I know there are resorts nearby, but after flying into MLE from India I would like to spend a night on Male, the crazy population density makes it look like an interesting place to me. Wondering if there's anywhere good in the city to stay before bailing to the RC Maldives. TY!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
There's a hotel called JEN Maldives Malé. Rated 3-stars and part of Shangri-La, but nowhere to be found on the Luxury Circle website.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:25 pm

I generally try to keep an open mind and am open to seeing just about anywhere, but everyone I know who has spent time in Male said not to bother. Since the Ritz is just a speedboat ride away, I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just head straight there. So much easier than arranging the sea plane ride.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pstm91
I generally try to keep an open mind and am open to seeing just about anywhere, but everyone I know who has spent time in Male said not to bother. Since the Ritz is just a speedboat ride away, I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just head straight there. So much easier than arranging the sea plane ride.
Nothing interesting enough for a day?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 747-800i
We did a quick tour of Male once. I wouldn't stay there. Traffic is a total disaster. It would take you longer to get to and from your hotel than to take a speed boat some place much nicer.

I would say that the coral Mosque is worth seeing however.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:11 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by 747-800i
Not particularly, no. If you really do want to explore Male, you could do a short few hours tour of it to pass time before a flight or something. More than adequate.

Ritz-Carlton is only a boat ride away so head straight there IMO.

There's Hotel Jen and just 1 other 3-star type property in the region if you really do want to stay there, so not even a lot of rooms.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I've stayed at the Jen several times, in the last half a day when I was catching a night flight. It's OK, with a roof-top pool and cafe, though no alcohol. It's not a great value and I don't recall any status benefits when I was Shangri-La Diamond. I wandered through the streets and ate at local restaurants, which was not a bad way to pass a few hours. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay on Male though.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The Jen looks like it should work, they seem to have an offer live now that includes boat transfers to/from the airport so we can come the night then get dropped back at the airport to meet the RC boat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.