Normandie

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by submonte
It is not George V, and is IMHO not intended to be, except we want to pay such rates.
In summer rates are not that different.
Pierre&Cédric likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:56 pm

I stayed at both Le Normandy and Le Royal in Deauville numerous times over the years. They are not luxury properties -by far. They belong to Deauville though, I mean it is an experience and I would not stay elsewhere. Just expect a nice 3-star hotel, may be 4, and by lowering expectations no one can be disappointed

I heard recently about this property which is not a real hotel, they present themselves as ‘luxury accommodation & holiday cottages’. I would love to try: Prestigious suites and luxury holiday accommodations in Normandy ? Le domaine d'ablon : Suites et gîtes de luxe en Normandie
offerendum and Satie like this.

Last edited by Pierre&Cédric; Jan 30, 2022 at 11:29 pm
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
I stayed at both Le Normandy and Le Royal in Deauville numerous times over the years. They are not luxury properties -by far. They belong to Deauville though, I mean it is an experience and I would not stay elsewhere. Just expect a nice 3-star hotel, may be 4, and by lowering expectations no one can be disappointed
Tres diplomatique

I looked at Tripadvisor and saw bathroom pictures of Le Normandy. Satie is right, 700 Euros per night is not ok. Here the renovation failed absolutely, for my taste not even 4*, but the 3* which Pierre&Cedric mentions. No marble and other quality materials and too small for 5*. The rooms at least 4+, because of the toil de jouy, imho. So let‘s say 4 in total.

Royal I would rate a bit higher. It is also a Leading Hotel. They have also better bathrooms.

Officially both hotels are rated 5* by French criteria. We all know this is not the Paris standard of top luxury hotels though.

offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.