Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

June 2022 Honeymoon - best beachfront suite/villa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

June 2022 Honeymoon - best beachfront suite/villa?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:01 pm
Original Member

In Mexico, yes.
rgmdb likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

I would love it if I knew that I chose a hotel that pays well and takes care of their staff. Until then, in North America anyway, I tip.

Last edited by rgmdb; Jun 29, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

My review - La Casa Que Canta for June 2022 honeymoon

La Casa Que Canta -- A perfect place for a honeymoon.

We just got back last night, flying back to PDX via LAX on Alaska. Flights were remarkably on time and smooth - not my experience lately for business travel! We liked that it didn't take us a whole day to get there or back, so major plus points on Zihuatenejo for west coast folk.

The hotel was exceptional, and had a cozy vibe that we wanted. Very sweet staff made sure that we felt taken care of, but not at all in an obtrusive way. WE got really into the dinners here - actually asked to meet the chef on our last night. The food was super well done and I had fish every single night. Home made tortillas and salsas and we were in heaven. WE ate in town or just had snacks for breakfast and lunch, but were happy to eat at their beautiful outdoor dining room every night. BTW, Restaurant ANY in town has great pozole and you can eat it every day of the week - Thursday being the city-wide pozole day for other places. We ate there twice for lunch and Playa La Ropa little spots other times.

We had Suite 2 - Mexico Lindo. LOVED the art and decorative touches, plus it's all just so perfectly designed - many seating options, a hammock, ceiling fans everywhere, great big shower and bathroom, etc.. The plunge pool got John to feel a LOT more sympathetic to the dude on the HBO show "White Lotus" who goes ballistic when he doesn't get the plunge pool he booked for his honeymoon. Now, we get it! Hahah.

It was quiet this time of year, there was a tropical storm coming or going most days, but we didn't care. The swimming was great in our plunge pool, the saltwater pool down by the rocks. and the beach, who cares about some clouds or possibility of sprinkling. There were just a few times where it was a deluge and that was fun to watch from our terrace. I guess it's low season. Some nights there were just two other couples! The weekend brought a few more guests, mostly Mexican couples from the city, was my guess.

One thing we really loved was the privacy. We had a huge terrace that was right above the restaurant but no one could see us and we didn't even hear anyone, thanks to the crashing surf. After a busy couple of months ramping up to the wedding, we truly felt as alone as you can in a hotel. When we wandered down to one of the larger pools, a waiter would magically appear a few minutes later bringing a big pitcher of ice water with orange slices. The staff all talk to each other, so they know when to refresh the room because we're out or at dinner. LOVE.

I wanted a place where we could relax and had exceptional views of water. Check and check. Also, I brought my binoculars and did some great birding from the property! I am now one of the top 20 birders in the region. Haha.

Thanks to KatW for making the original suggestion and being quick to offer guidance.

We will be back again. Already miss it!

Hasta Luego.
KatW, SanDiego1K, FlyerEC and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.