Wiki Posts
Search

Germany: Non-chain, non-city luxury?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:10 pm
SP0
Original Poster

Schloss Elmau: thank you

Just reopening this old thread to give my hearty thanks to those who recommended Schloss Elmau in Bavaria.

We stayed there for five nights and it was fabulous. It has crept to number 1 on our worldwide list.

Every staff member was thoughtful and kind. Food was good. Rooms were excellent with a lovely view of the mountain, which changes continually as the light shifts. Spa was excellent (although not as extensive as that at Bareiss) and treatments were first rate.

And it even has a concert hall. And for German speakers, a fabulous bookshop.

thank you. We hope to get there again some time.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
At Schloss Elmau at the moment. Indeed nice.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I am just disappointed that we have been able to get back to Schloss Elmau. I loved the place. My children still talk about it several years later. Waking up to the Alpine view every morning makes one grateful to be alive.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Well, here some pictures from Elmau:

It seems you won't find real luxury in Germany.... To make it clear, the hotel (Retreat of course, Hideway looks quite big) is fine, but I'm not flashed.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by offerendum
Well, here some pictures from Elmau:

It seems you won't find real luxury in Germany.... To make it clear, the hotel (Retreat of course, Hideway looks quite big) is fine, but I'm not flashed.
turndown until 4pm? That’s a first
Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Satie
turndown until 4pm? That’s a first
It's a joke, of course they do only one service. Also they claim minibar is included, which contains of water (refilled daily) and 2 softdrinks + 3 snack glasses + 1 small chocolate bar (all never refilled since 5 days). In my eyes it's simply cost cutting (prices are of course not cutted) dressed in "we care for environment/ health/ whatever".
FlyerEC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.