Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Opulent is an understatement (Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast, Australia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:19 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Palazzo Versace

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Palazzo Versace

94 Seaworld Dr Main Beach, QL AU 2731

Opulent is an understatement (15 Photos)

Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is the original Versace hotel. The Gold Coast is truly lacking in luxury options and we were keen to visit after many stays in the Suites and Villas at the Palazzo Versace Dubai for a special occasion.

Upon arrival I was struck how breathtakingly the hotel is. Just like Dubai you are greeted with water views as soon as you arrive through the front doors. Two Rolls Royce, including a classic, stand at the front of the hotel ready to whisk guests to and fro.

The original Palazzo Versace is nothing short of breathtakingly opulent and elegant.

IMG_7268 2.jpeg

IMG_7264 2.jpg

Check In

There are four reception desks and check in was swift. We were advised that the General Manager had upgraded us from the Broadwater to the Imperial Suite for our stay.

Room

Located on the top floor the Imperial Suite is one of the best Presidential Suites we have ever stayed in. The room is spectacular with views of the Lagoon and out to the Broadwater.

At 160sqm it features a stunning living room, dining room, bedroom, full bathroom with spa, guest bathroom and butler’s pantry. The room has been recently refurbished (it appears completely brand new) and while it is Versace Home, the furniture, decor and soft furnishings are all in soft tones that give a luxurious residental feel.

The two Imperial Suites take up the entire length of the hotel floor. The Suites feature three balconies each with sunbeds, tables and chairs that allow you to sunbake all day should you not wish to mix with other guests in the pool.

We had plans to visit Byron Bay and have dinner in restaurants and promptly cancelled them to enjoy this suite to the fullest.

The only slight negative was the inability to control the fan speed of the air con which means it is either on full or completely off.

20BDC3E0-2F79-4FDA-8C7A-4070C00B1E0D 2.JPG

CFCE0E4F-AE79-451D-9BB2-6F09F458ACD6 2.JPG

2CEACD7C-5607-490B-9322-9CB8E2F10854 2.JPG

1D801761-6DE1-4135-A328-3AF0F9D3A82C 2.JPG

AA93C56F-1B6B-4775-B36F-5B38E9E74577 2.JPG

C375CAB5-9F28-43A2-8580-1CC2F6E27F02 2.JPG

9E0812C9-8477-4991-899A-B1DF3A966629 2.JPG

151F3126-C40E-440D-BB15-353B43B6DBC3 2.JPG

DAB066C8-23AA-457A-BA2E-8DEC0532326A 2.JPG

IMG_7236 2.jpeg

IMG_7193 2.jpeg

IMG_7197 2.jpeg

Service

Service has been oustanding with every staff member we interacted with. Jane the GM and Hari the Hotel Manager reached out prior to our arrival seeking our preferences and reserving breakfast tables, pool cabanas and provided early check in and late checkout.

We reserved Cabanas by the pool each day which are perfect to laze in and well worth the cost. The pool staff picked private and quite cabanas in the adults only area of the pool and ensured we were looked after each day. They even reserved a second cabana out of the sun for when we wanted shade.

1_IMG_7263 2.jpeg

Each time I called for housekeeping for cleaning or turn down they arrived in a few moments.

All of the staff anticipated out needs, a rare level of service in Australia.

Dining

Breakfast in Il Barocco was of a high standard. Under Covid conditions the buffet was closed, bowever two pastry baskets and fruit plates were delivered and hot items were freshly prepard a la carte.

We ordered room service each day with restauraht quality meals and the cocktails, especially by the pool (Frozen Daiquiris and Mojitos) were to die for.

La Jardin, the bar, features live music in the evening which is very romantic alongside cocktails and canapes.

While the hotel is not on the beach they have oriented the hotel toward the Lagoon and Broadwater. The hotel is 30 mins from OOL, however arriving after school zones begun it took us an hour.

The beach is across the road if you want that experience.

Overall

Overall, under Jane Kingston’s leadership and Hari’s management we had a delightful stay with exemplary service. To be honest, we were extremely pleasantly surprised.

The Palazzo Versace is one of the few true luxury hotels in Australia with impeccable rooms and gorgeous common areas. The Imperial Suite is one of the top hotel suites in the country, and no doubt the most opulent.

Dubai has its own unique decore, very Versace but influenced by Arabic and Islamic Art. Gold Coast, as the original, retains the original Versace influence and is sparkling fresh and new.

We plan to return often as our domestic vacation. 

Opulent is an understatement

Would you like to write a review on the Palazzo Versace?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Did they do a renovation recently? I heared a few years ago the palace would be beyond its best times. I always was interested in this hotel, for some reason I like Versace.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:08 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by offerendum
Did they do a renovation recently? I heared a few years ago the palace would be beyond its best times. I always was interested in this hotel, for some reason I like Versace.
I just learnt that there are six rooms in this new style, however all rooms will be redone over time. The hotel closed for three months during Covid and this has delayed the refurbishment.

It is very well done.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:54 am

Gold Coast is the worst place I have ever seen in Australia. It belongs in the UAE.
lhrsfo, nancypants and BLV like this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Gold Coast is the worst place I have ever seen in Australia. It belongs in the UAE.
As does this faux palace
Old Feb 7, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
As does this faux palace
Tey have their own. But Gold Coast was first
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I just learnt that there are six rooms in this new style, however all rooms will be redone over time. The hotel closed for three months during Covid and this has delayed the refurbishment.

It is very well done.
so most of them are not opulent?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:49 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by anniegray
so most of them are not opulent?
The hotel was built in 2000. You can see the photos on the hotel website with the old decor.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 2:22 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The hotel was built in 2000. You can see the photos on the hotel website with the old decor.
Thank you for taking the time to post your great review.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Wow. Not to my taste at all. Far too bling. And the doors to the suite look like like they lead to a warehouse...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.