Wiki Posts
Search

Terrace Suite - Connaught Hotel London

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Terrace Suite - Connaught Hotel London

Dear All,

I hope you are all keeping safe during this turbulent times.

During this period of isolation, I am looking to planning my future travels to distract myself from Covid-19. I want to try the Seychelles in September (if the crisis is behind us! My epidemiologist friend believes this will be the earliest end date). I want to schedule in a short five day layover in London prior to my onward journey. The Rosewood is my usually haunt but seeing as the Connaught gets such a good name, I thought I would give it a go for this leisure trip owing to being so close to all the shopping.

I wonder if you lovely individuals could advise me on the Connaught but more specifically regarding their signature suites offering. I like the look of their terrace suite but with only 3 pictures online I would be grateful if any of my well travelled friends on this forum could colour the picture for me.

Kind regards and stay safe,
Flyerandmedic
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:17 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by Flyerandmedic
Dear All,

I hope you are all keeping safe during this turbulent times.

During this period of isolation, I am looking to planning my future travels to distract myself from Covid-19. I want to try the Seychelles in September (if the crisis is behind us! My epidemiologist friend believes this will be the earliest end date). I want to schedule in a short five day layover in London prior to my onward journey. The Rosewood is my usually haunt but seeing as the Connaught gets such a good name, I thought I would give it a go for this leisure trip owing to being so close to all the shopping.

I wonder if you lovely individuals could advise me on the Connaught but more specifically regarding their signature suites offering. I like the look of their terrace suite but with only 3 pictures online I would be grateful if any of my well travelled friends on this forum could colour the picture for me.

Kind regards and stay safe,
Flyerandmedic
I posted the following in 2009. I'll try to find the photo I took of the Terrace Suite.

Located in Mayfair Village, The Connaught is a small hotel with 90 rooms (soon to be 123), 117 of which have walk-in showers. After a 9 month, 75 million pound renovation, this older hotel with a somewhat crusty recommendation has emerged younger and brighter. The public areas and hallways are very impressive, featuring the hotel’s original solid mahogany paneling with gold leaf accents. I was not so impressed by the guest rooms which are small (a Superior King is just 312 square feet and a Deluxe King 355 square feet). Maintaining the traditional feel of the hotel, these rooms are decorated in tans and beiges with built-ins that have the effect of making a narrow bedroom appear even narrower. The bathroom of the Deluxe King I was shown had the appearance of a narrow corridor leading past a tub, sink, and toilet.

On a very positive note, the hotel features the cuisine of a personal favorite, two-star Michelin chef Hélène Darroze. A very reasonably priced lunch at Espelette offers the chance to sample her cooking!

The following is my review based on a site inspection of the New Wing of The Connaught in May, 2012:

While the old wing is traditionally British, the new wing has a pleasant contemporary style with hardwood floors, attractive furnishings, and great bathrooms. We saw a Deluxe Room. Bathrooms have black marble floors and white marble vanities. They are equipped with dual vanities, a deep soaking tub, Toto toilet (that raises its seat for you, etc.), and a separate step-in rain shower. The only downside is that the rooms are compact - Superior rooms are 30 square meters and Deluxe are 33 square meters. To get the space you'd normally associate with a Deluxe room, you would have to book an open-plan Superior Jr. Suite (43 sqm) or Deluxe Jr Suite (47 sqm). We were also shown the Terrace Suite which occupies the top floor of the new wing. It has a very spacious Master Bedroom with separate living room and dressing area, as well as a second King-bedded guestroom.
Flyerandmedic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.