Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nashville Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
And on this stay, branched out to the Noelle, trusting maybe it would be better. Abysmal service, the "suite" I booked is tiny, and again, no room service or minibar. I've now tried Hermitage, Noelle, Virgin, and the Joseph. I haven't even remotely been whelmed by any of them. Moving to the Thompson tomorrow, the last chance for this city.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:12 am

For those who have been to Nashville and do not need to be right in the center - we had a fantastic stay at Urban Cowboy a few months ago. I had never heard of it and we booked it on a whim with no expectations after a friend recommended it. It was one of the best stays I've had in Nashville, and the rooms are really fun. It's definitely unique.

I say for those who have been to Nashville before because it's about a 10-minute ride to downtown/Broadway, so definitely a bit out of the way but certainly not inconvenient. I have stayed at most of the aforementioned hotels in this thread and I'd probably pick UC for my future stays. It's also a significantly better price point (I think we paid like $250/night and received an upgrade), but the service and staff were really great.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
The new W in Nashville is the flagship hotel for the brand. Not luxury, but it does have some great public spaces worthy of even locals hanging out, and a large pool. Soho House is opening this month. Also The Conrad, the 1 Hotel, and the Four Seasons are all opening this year. Work is just starting on the Ritz-Carlton. Not sure where construction stands with The Edition. We will be a destination with some great luxury hotel options soon.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
I'm staying at the Conrad now for a conference (not being held here)..

Conrad tends to be a dirty word in this sub, but I'm here once or twice a year for work, and having tried Noelle, Thompson, JWM, really everything except the newer 1 hotel and FS, I think it's the best hotel in the city. In a walk, too. Second stay has impressed me even more than first (during their soft-open), as things like the gym, pool area, etc are now complete.

Like the Conrad in DTLA - which completely surprised/shocked me with its aspirational (for my previous assumptions about the brand, at least) 'lux' factor - it's a truly gorgeous hotel.
Rooms are large, beautiful, and really smartly designed. I got booked into something called a 'wellness' room, which comes with its own peloton. I'm not much of a 'fitness' person, but the room felt spacious even walking around the bike. Gigantic flatscreen - maybe 60"? - loaded with anything you'd want to watch. 8th floor (about midway up the tower, not sure how many floors, maybe 20?) had commanding city views. Dead quiet, too, and while i didn't request them, my room had extremely effective blackout shades. Super comfy king bed, Frette sheets, big bathroom with Byredo product. No soaking tub, but i think larger rooms/suites may have them. The in-room tech is mercifully easy to navigate, and actually useful.
The design and decor throughout the property is modern, chic and beautiful. I don't think Tara Bernard designed this one, as in L.A. - I think her work is brilliant - but this Conrad has similar vibes. Smart, sophisticated, understated, and easy on the eyes.
Soaring common spaces, lots of warm woods, granite, etc.
Two meals at Blue Aster were excellent, if a bit expensive. Service throughout the hotel was warm, friendly and hyper-efficient, from valet to concierge to housekeeping.
The whole pool area was new (to me). It's not quite a legit 'roof' pool, but it's raised up a several levels and gets plenty of sun.
Location is pretty great.... right on Broadway, convenient for everything from Music Row to Vandy to all the sports stadiums/arenas.

I still need to try the FS, but like the Conrad in DTLA, this one strikes me as the most luxe hotel offering in its immediate area.
Regardless of its name, brand-affiliation of room count (@200 i'd guess? it's not a small hotel).

EDIT: Back home now, looked it up and interiors were concepted/designed by Champalimaud. My only previous familiarity with this firm's name was several years back, when they fully slaughtered the formerly untouchable vibes at my beloved Hotel Bel Air. (In fact, I think i first learned the Champalimaud name here on FT within discussion of that exact crime on an older thread.)
They also apparently did (or contributed to) the redo of BHH in L.A. - somewhat more to my liking, if an equally unnecessary undertaking. From the website, it looks like they've worked some other redo's at big-name properties around the globe (flagship Raffles/SIN, Badrut's, etc). Besides the two Dorch/L.A. hotels, the only other two listed on their site that I've stayed at were the Newbury and MO in Boston - both certainly nice enough, but not particularly noteworthy. I believe these Conrad spaces are absolutely noteworthy, at least for Nashville.
obscure2k and offerendum like this.

Last edited by cornwall4000; Mar 22, 2024 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:34 am

That's good to hear. We have a three night stay coming up this weekend at the Conrad. We originally had 2 night stay, but since a rain is forecasted for our last day, we decided to add a night on the front end. Considered the Hermitage, but given the uneven reviews I've heard, decided to add a night and make it a three night stay.

The location is not ideal for the downtown crawl but my daughter has a tour scheduled at Vandy so it works out, at least for that day. I'm Diamond at Hilton and I called and got the confirmation that the HH F&B credit would stack with the FHR breakfast credit. $110 for grubs a day is nothing to sneeze at. The agent said it depends on what the reservation shows up as, and very infrequently, even a FHR reservation can show as an Expedia booking. But if it shows as AmEx FHR, the credits are supposed to stack. I've had inconsistent experience with that. I've been refused at most hotels, but the Roosevelt in New Orleans has been consistently a yes.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:36 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by juicius
But if it shows as AmEx FHR, the credits are supposed to stack. I've had inconsistent experience with that. I've been refused at most hotels, but the Roosevelt in New Orleans has been consistently a yes.
You should really be looking into Hilton Impresario, especially as a diamond.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
The Four Seasons is now open and has been for a bit now. The location can't be beat to be close to all the action. Brand new build and if you want to do things downtown again the location is the best of all the 5 star hotels. I know Westin is not considered Lux but we have had a meal there and also drink on the rooftop bar. Great view probably the nicest Westin we have been to. They made this Westin a good bit nicer than 7-8 others we have been to.

The Hermitage hotel location is not great for being able to do things downtown. I have been in one of the rooms and was not that impressed. The only thing I can say about the Hilton is it is in also in a great location but definitely not 5 star!
FlyerEC and cornwall4000 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.