Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Review: Traube Tonbach (Baiersbronn, Germany)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review: Traube Tonbach (Baiersbronn, Germany)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by francophile
Thanks offerendum for posting pictures. The rooms really do remind me of our stay at Bareiss back in January 2018. The room decor at Bareiss will not appeal to those looking for something more contemporary like the Kempinski Berchtesgaden or Schloss Elmau.

We loved our stay at Bareiss. Of the three mountain resorts that we've been to, Bareiss, Bachmair Weissach, and Hotel Jagdhof (Tyrol), Bareiss is my favorite. It's an excellent family destination. The kids club is wonderful with kids activities from morning until 11pm during school holidays. Kids have the option of having dinner in the kids club which I really appreciated and gave me some time to enjoy my meal in the restaurant. I love the complimentary afternoon dessert buffet.
All 3 are very traditional hotels. From service and hospitality both Bareiss and Traube are famous.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:58 am

Thank you for this review! Clearly this is not a destination for the room amenities and comforts. I had one of my best meals at Schwarzwaldstube. Was Herr Finkbeiner patrolling the tables when you were there? A very kind and gracious man.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 19103_aa
Thank you for this review! Clearly this is not a destination for the room amenities and comforts. I had one of my best meals at Schwarzwaldstube. Was Herr Finkbeiner patrolling the tables when you were there? A very kind and gracious man.
Thanks! No, I didn't mention Finkbeiner. But Michel did a round.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:24 am

Albeit Bareiss and Traube Tonbach having outstanding restaurants, the only place worth staying in northern black forest area is Brenner's in Baden Baden. The new Fritz and Felix restaurant is very well done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.