Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Phuket: Trisara vs. Amanpuri (Room vs Room)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket: Trisara vs. Amanpuri (Room vs Room)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:57 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Jag fan: did you consider adding burning man to your itinerary?
callmedtop and MattEvan like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by EaglesFan0909
Hey all,

I booked a trip to Trisara in the seven-bedroom Villa No. 5 (https://trisara.com/category/suite-v...om-residences/) because the views look terrific. There is only two of us going on this trip, but I like the option to have more bedrooms so others can join. However, everyone keeps saying that we should go to the Amanpuri. I do have a few concerns: 1) The views aren't as good and 2) Trisara is $5,330 a night, whereas Amanpuri is significantly more unless we get the two-bedroom ocean view villa for $5,200 a night (https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpur...om-ocean-villa). Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?
Shall not be pertly but are a few tousand $ really a problem if booking a 7 bedrrom Villa with 2 persons (and perhaps some whoever others) for the view? The whole discussion left me a little bit confused.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:31 pm

What the heck was I thinking? I was stuck on Aman - sorry!!!

Also, Dafuq! MOBKK has a four-night minimum for NYE. Apparently the two booking agents and the email to the actual hotel were unaware of this. As the saying goes: if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Since the hotel couldn't even help me book a room, I lack confidence in their abilities to recommend a room. Any room recommendations for NYE? Maybe any that capture the fireworks? Or, if not, the best room with a view? The big boy suites are going for $16,000 a night; that's out of the question. My budget is aat the Garden Suite or lower.
Book the St Regis penthouse in BKK for a few nights. And don't leave it. Please.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Re: the Koh Samui option - Koh Samui is somewhat similar to Phuket. For the average traveller, Koh Samui is better - the average beach is generally nicer than what you get in Phuket, but Phuket's best luxury properties and best beaches I'd say are much nicer than Samui. Samui, owing to its size, is also not really a destination to spend a lot of time in (beyond just sitting around doing nothing). There's more to do around the Phuket region.
But it also depends a lot on what you're looking for - Koh Samui is generally more quaint/smaller/less crowded (though no doubt some areas are quite crowded and have similar vibes to Phuket, plus there's the whole Full Moon Party thing going on)

Both Samui and Phuket have interesting areas around (the national park near Samui and neighbouring islands), with Phuket it's Krabi/Phi Phi/Phang Nga Bay/Racha.

Here's a suggestion - rather than doing both Amanpuri and Trisara, if you do want to split up your stays, then do one of the two in Phuket, and then something near Krabi/Phang Nga Bay for a totally different experience.
I originally was going to do that, but was talked out of Krabi. My initial thought was the Ritz in Krabi. Do you have any hotel recommendations?

Originally Posted by 5khours
I've stayed at both Trisara and Puri at least a dozen times each including both pavillions and villas. Puri overall is much nicer. Trisara has better accommodations. As others have said, no reason really to stay in a villa. Normally I stay in Pavillion 105 at Amanpuri. It's the nicest.

I would skip FS Koh Samui and FS Tented Camp in Golden Triange.

I prefer The Siam or the Shangrila over the Mandarin.
Honestly, the reason I chose that particular villa at Trisara, is the fact that based on the pictures, it has a phenomenal view. Plus, as I mentioned, I'd like to offer friends and family a place to stay if they'd like to join. With that said, it's not a given that others will join. This who, "Let me charge you a thousands of dollars for something that you can't see beforehand", really irks me. If they can charge upwards of $10,000 a night, they can surely put together more information on their website. I can't tell you how many times I have "splurged" on something that looked great, but ended up being a bust.It's a dated system. It's annoying.

An example is, you said Pavilion 105 is great. How, as a consumer, can I book that? How do I know which Pavilion class it's in? Is it a Premium Ocean Pavilion? Is it a Deluxe Ocean Pavilion? It's crazy! And, they're charging $2,200+ PER NIGHT! Someone should solve this problem. #EndRant

Skip FS Golden Triangle?! I've heard nothing but great reviews. Our though was to do the North and then relax in the South.

I was between the MO and the Siam but it looks like MO does a nice job over NYE, which is why I went that route.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Shall not be pertly but are a few tousand $ really a problem if booking a 7 bedrrom Villa with 2 persons (and perhaps some whoever others) for the view? The whole discussion left me a little bit confused.
There have been a lot of recommendations going on, and I'm thankful for them. My initial post was focusing on staying at either Puri or Trisara; not both. From the pictures, those Villas looked like they had some of the best views. The differences were a 7-bedroom versus a 2-bedroom for the same price or the higher bedroom villas at Puri were significantly more. As stated in the original post, I want the option for friends and family. Is it worth the premium.

Also, something that I learned in life is pennies equal dollars. So, yes, doesn't matter how much the figure is, it matters. If it didn't matter, I wouldn't be in the position to travel here. Just my $0.02.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Book the St Regis penthouse in BKK for a few nights. And don't leave it. Please.
$9,500 a night - no thanks!!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:29 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by DSI
Jag fan: did you consider adding burning man to your itinerary?
Burning Man Comes Out Against Instagram Influencers and "Hot Girls"
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Also, something that I learned in life is pennies equal dollars. So, yes, doesn't matter how much the figure is, it matters. If it didn't matter, I wouldn't be in the position to travel here. Just my $0.02.
That's too high for me, sorry. I would have an idea how someone can book pavilion 105 but perhaps it's too crazy......
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:56 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

You should look at Miskawaan Estate and combine your trip with Burning Man.

Welcome back--I love your audacity!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:48 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I don't see the need for Samui and Phuket on the same trip..... if you are going to fly 7000 miles from east coast of America to Thailand you don't need to spend 9 nights on a beach.
Extend your time in Northern Thailand and see some more of culture, countryside etc
or even go into Cambodia and enjoy Angkor.

I also don't see why you are hung up on the min stay in Bangkok. Just book and pay for the 4 nights and stay 3. Or search out another hotel.
Rosewood Bangkok is the one to watch now. Heck even Peninsula or Shangri-la will provide an above average stay. Maybe not MOBKK level, but still, if you don't want the 4 nights these are the compromises
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:35 am

Hey all,

I booked a trip to Trisara in the seven-bedroom Villa No. 5 (https://trisara.com/category/suite-v...om-residences/) because the views look terrific. There is only two of us going on this trip, but I like the option to have more bedrooms so others can join. However, everyone keeps saying that we should go to the Amanpuri. I do have a few concerns: 1) The views aren't as good and 2) Trisara is $5,330 a night, whereas Amanpuri is significantly more unless we get the two-bedroom ocean view villa for $5,200 a night (https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpur...om-ocean-villa). Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?
If you booked #8 at Trisara, you would get your own private beach. The Villa takes up to 8 guests, has its own spa, gym, cinema etc and is huge and very private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.