"secret" hotel within hotel concepts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"secret" hotel within hotel concepts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Member

I note that the OP placed quote marks around secret in his title so I don't think he was using the word strictly. The reaction of some here has been interesting reading.

I don't mind admitting I was ignorant of many of the super luxe bennies accompanying high end travel, especially flying. Two flights in AF's La Premiere served as eye openers and upcoming flights with AA's Five Star Service will, no doubt, do the same.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for example airports in germany, switzerland, netherlands, london all advertise VVIP services on their websites

paris airport has sold VVIP / VIP in past (and via hotel) if i remember correctly, not sure how it compares to AF F

up for interpretation >

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
and might not be obvious/well advertised
(for example, 99% of the time my interpretation differs vs how others use "afford" , "money-is-no-object" , "overrated")
offerendum and BOStonTravels like this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 17, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
for example airports in germany, switzerland, netherlands, london all advertise VVIP services on their websites

paris airport has sold VVIP / VIP in past (and via hotel) if i remember correctly, not sure how it compares to AF F

up for interpretation >

(for example, 99% of the time my interpretation differs vs how others use "afford" , "money-is-no-object" , "overrated")
The Private Suite at LAX: one way international service approx $4,000 USD
Frankfurt Fraport VIP Services: one way international service approx $800 USD

All over Europe (except London) prices vary, though quite similar. Easy decision in Frankfurt and service was better compared to LA.

FS offers Private Suite as part of package, IIRC they are billed a fraction.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

press.fourseasons.com/news-releases/2018/the-private-suite-at-lax
robbreport.com/travel/destinations/vip-lax-terminal-partners-partners-luxury-hotels-2789715/
partnerships with Four Seasons’ five Hawaii and Bora Bora properties, Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, and Montage Beverly Hills.
united airlines can offer it pretty cheaply for shared lounge, rather than private room
FRA VVIP for example sells private rooms separately from entry cost, vs LAX / LHR
VVIP in los angeles (1st US/CA), heathrow (& china?) are more expensive vs others

can't recall re paris, except >
conciergerie-paris-airport.com
says VIP and VVIP "ultimate"
also says AmEX 'partner'

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 17, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by KatW
Two flights in AF's La Premiere served as eye openers and upcoming flights with AA's Five Star Service will, no doubt, do the same.
From your lips to god’s ears, though I think expecting AA anything to be even a fraction as special as AF’s La Premiere is ... charmingly hopeful.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Member

American Five Star Service is a premium product available for purchase only when booked into biz or first. It is not itself a flight class. In cases where connections are tight or airport difficult, can be worth the hefty fee. Frequently includes tarmac transfer to connecting flight. https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...ar-service.jsp
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:09 pm

Oh, I’m fully aware of what it is. And I hope it is equally as wonderful for you and Jim as the AF La Premiere ground experiences. Do report back, please.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by KatW
American Five Star Service is a premium product available for purchase only when booked into biz or first. It is not itself a flight class. In cases where connections are tight or airport difficult, can be worth the hefty fee. Frequently includes tarmac transfer to connecting flight. https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...ar-service.jsp
I have a hard time with AA offering 5 star I mean really, Frankly they lack the "class" to offer anything other than meh with Dougie as CEO
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dont think AA five star or DL vip select ever guarantee immigration or tarmac

going back to comparing hotels and air, there is no comparison
outside forum, many fly premium to hotel, but most dont use VIP
(also some fly private whether 'charter' or owned)
kind of like most not doing aman, laucala, safari, etc
much higher demand would mean much higher price
offerendum and BOStonTravels like this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 18, 2019 at 11:06 am
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Fairmont Gold have just gone through a big reno in Canada Gold floors of Fairmont's are really incredible.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Fairmont Gold have just gone through a big reno in Canada Gold floors of Fairmont's are really incredible.
I really like Fairmont just too small a footprint for me other than Hawaii and Santa Monica
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:14 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Somehow I missed this thread!

The HR Sharm is def not a luxury property, and my last stay was one of the worst ever. The Regency Club private beach is definitely a great benefit and I told the GM they need to advertise it more. But in keeping with the theme:

RC Bali has a clubhouse with private pool. The food in the club is far superior to that in the main restaurant and the special items include Lobster Omelettes and Steak and Eggs.

The Palazzo Versace Dubai has an Executive Lounge only for suite guests. I have several friends that have booked suites and never knew of its existence. The mini bar was also comped in the rooms. The Residences (Apartments) in the hotel have their own facilities.

When we visited the FS Hoi An booking a Pool Villa meant we had free use of the hotel limo at all times, including airport transfers, afternoon tea with cocktails in villa and complimentary mini bar. We saw decanters of Gin, Vodka and Whiskey and didn't realise they were complimentary until the second last day of the stay.

I've been to the HR Danang and like the RC Bali I wouldn't want to swim in a pool in full view of the guests in the club lounge, but we tend to book private pool villas where we can.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jan 20, 2019 at 11:33 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The Palazzo Versace Dubai has an Executive Lounge only for suite guests. I have several friends that have booked suites and never knew of its existence. The mini bar was also comped in the rooms. The Residences (Apartments) in the hotel have their own facilities.
If they don´t inform guests about it service seems to be terrible.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by jonjparr
Malakiya Villas at Madinat Jumeirah

Despite having been to MJ about 15 times I still don't understand the villas. Last time we were in a DAM villa directly opposite so we walked past them a lot. Peering through the windows, to the extent you can, they didn't seem crazily luxurious. The pricing is crazy however.

The only thing worth knowing is that there is a secret door behind the Malakiya Villas which takes you directly into the souk - this is also handy if you are in a DAM villa nearby. Anyone can go 'villas to souk' (the door opens by pushing a button), but to go 'souk to villas' requires a villas key card.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:33 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by offerendum
If they don´t inform guests about it service seems to be terrible.
I think the term ‘Executive Lounge’ makes it sound like a business centre.

it is listed in the room descriptions but they certainly informed us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.