Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels of Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels of Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:32 am

While PH pool does look nice, it doesn’t work for me — at all. Only a small part of the pool is actually swimmable and with the loungers integrated in the pool on these recessed islands (though not in water), I don’t really enjoy being there.
xracer likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:04 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The PH villa private pools are very private.
scented and Fly_IAD like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Stayed at the RC recently. It was horrible. One of the worst RC properties I have visited, would definitely not recommend.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Stayed at the RC recently. It was horrible. One of the worst RC properties I have visited, would definitely not recommend.
Oy, such an unfortunate choice that you stayed there. Its like some bad Disney land hotel. The Four Seasons is so nice and almost always has terrific rates. I still have a soft spot for the Rosewood because a suite with Manor Club access is about the best deal going but the pool area needs refurbishment! Even the St. Regis on the Corniche looks pretty decent. What lead to this unfortunate choice!??
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Oy, such an unfortunate choice that you stayed there. Its like some bad Disney land hotel. The Four Seasons is so nice and almost always has terrific rates. I still have a soft spot for the Rosewood because a suite with Manor Club access is about the best deal going but the pool area needs refurbishment! Even the St. Regis on the Corniche looks pretty decent. What lead to this unfortunate choice!??
Only one night, proximity to airport. Won't make that mistake again!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:25 am
Suspended

Been in the same situation. For others quick reference the Four Seasons and other luxury hotels are only about 15 minute longer drive to the airport vs the RC most times of the day.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Been in the same situation. For others quick reference the Four Seasons and other luxury hotels are only about 15 minute longer drive to the airport vs the RC most times of the day.
not planning to return! Haha. However, I will keep that in mind if another overnight connection is ever required, thx!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:22 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Rosewood is crazy value. I just booked someone for mid-January who only needs a basic room for an overnight for ~US$165 including breakfast, confirmed upgrade, bottle of wine and US$100 credit.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Emirates Palace to become a Mandarin Oriental hotel in January 2020

The new year will bring a new era for one of Abu Dhabi's most visited landmarks, with Emirates Palace opening as the Mandarin Oriental Emirates Palace hotel on Wednesday, January 1, 2020.

As well as managing the property, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is also planning to complete extensive renovations across the hotel over the next two years. During the works, the hotel will remain open to guests.

These will include upgrading guestrooms and leisure facilities, as well as introducing new restaurants and bars.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
That's interesting and the next stroke for Kempinski. Once a real player on the Luxury market not much remains.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
EP going MO is massive - can’t wait for the F&B revamp - current options are such a slog
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:49 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Can't wait to see what MO does with it. Needs a renovation...
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Rosewood is crazy value. I just booked someone for mid-January who only needs a basic room for an overnight for ~US$165 including breakfast, confirmed upgrade, bottle of wine and US$100 credit.
Agree, in lots of ways this property is a gem but the pool area really needs to be redone (e.g. tiles in tatty condition and extremely dirty, trees need replacement etc). Any progress with this as I heard rumors the pool area was being refurbished?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Interesting, after recently reaching out to you re/ you latest TR I need to comment again

I agree, had a stay at the RC in AUH this year and it was, to be friendly, very mediocre. Apart from the lobby I always felt lonely in this large hotel. I believe they thought they do me a favour by upgrading to the Venetian Village but it was deserted every evening. The spa was best thing there, in the end (and I had a super cheap corporate rate).

The pool bar was also ok, at least the happy hour and the barkeepers. The breakfast - awful in this dark hall...

And generally, the service levels were super poor (30min wait to check in at 0045 in the morning, bad cleaning etc etc.)

Not again.

Best, Daniel
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi All

Has anyone stayed at the W Hotel (not sure though if this brand classifies as 'luxury brand')

After staying at the RC (awful) I potentially will give it a try in Feb (contractually bound to Marriott) - will stay only 2 nights but wondering if anyone has any thoughts re the property?

Thanks
Daniel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.