Wiki Posts
Search

Le Sirenuse, Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Almost all of these "over-touristed" spots aren't nearly as touristy when you visit them out of season. These places are beautiful but are far more enjoyable without tourist hordes. Doesn't mean you can't visit outside the normal tourist season and enjoy them thoroughly, however.
The problem is most of these are beach destinations. I don't know about you, but I prefer the beach when it's warm enough to tan and swim haha.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
The problem is most of these are beach destinations. I don't know about you, but I prefer the beach when it's warm enough to tan and swim haha.
Haha, you may have missed my Royal Coldness signature; laying out for any length of time on the beach or poolside on a warm-hot, sunny day is my idea of hell on Earth. But I also hate crowds, so for me it's a massive win-win to avoid the height of season when it's warmer and most touristy and crowded.

Hence, we are planning our future visit to the Amalfi Coast in April/May or October, just as we will be staying in Santorini this mid-October. #cooler #nocrowds #bliss #betterservice #winwinwin

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 25, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Haha, you may have missed my Royal Coldness signature; laying out for any length or time on the beach or poolside on a warm-hot, sunny day is my idea of hell on Earth. But I also hate crowds, so for me it's a massive win-win to avoid the height of season when it's warmer and most touristy and crowded.

Hence, we are planning our future visit to the Amalfi Coast in April/May or October, just as we will be staying in Santorini this mid-October. #cooler #nocrowds #bliss #betterservice #winwinwin
We as far as Positano goes, stick with April perhaps. I was just there in May and it was very crowded. Lots of tour groups.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.