Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

UBUD BALI - swimming pool at FS and Ritz

UBUD BALI - swimming pool at FS and Ritz

Old Mar 14, 18, 4:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
UBUD BALI - swimming pool at FS and Ritz

Hi all,
I'm planning to spend some days in Ubud this summer, both FS and Mandapa seems very nice.
I'm planning to lay by the pool most of the time, and I'm wondering from this respect which is the better of the two.
I've a slight preference for the FS, but pool there seems smaller and receiving direct sun only partially. Any experience?

Otherwise, I wonder if it doesn't make more sense to stay in a cheaper place but with a more scenic pool (bisma eigth, alila, Komaneka??)

Thanks a lot
Paolo
ciswi is offline  
Old Mar 16, 18, 7:18 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London
Programs: No program whatsoever
Posts: 280
Originally Posted by ciswi View Post
Hi all,
I'm planning to spend some days in Ubud this summer, both FS and Mandapa seems very nice.
I'm planning to lay by the pool most of the time, and I'm wondering from this respect which is the better of the two.
I've a slight preference for the FS, but pool there seems smaller and receiving direct sun only partially. Any experience?

Otherwise, I wonder if it doesn't make more sense to stay in a cheaper place but with a more scenic pool (bisma eigth, alila, Komaneka??)

Thanks a lot
Paolo
I'm probably the biggest FS Sayan defender on this board, but if you're looking for a great pool in Ubud, you should consider staying at a different hotel.
0bsidian is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 4:45 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks for the advice.
I guess we will look elsewhere.
Thanks
Paolo
ciswi is offline  
Old Mar 17, 18, 5:52 pm
  #4  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,581
Originally Posted by ciswi View Post
Thanks for the advice.
I guess we will look elsewhere.
Thanks
Paolo
You might want to consider the Viceroy. My brother and sister-in-law had a wonderful stay there 2 years ago. They loved the hotel, the service and raved about the beautiful pool. Viceroy Bali | Luxury Hotel in Ubud
obscure2k is offline  
Old Mar 21, 18, 3:55 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks, I had a look at Viceroy and it seems very nice, anyway rates are usually much more expensive than FS and Ritz.
I'll look better online!
ciswi is offline  
Old Mar 22, 18, 12:23 am
  #6  
formerly known as deathscar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: Virtuoso | SPG | Hyatt Prive
Posts: 1,933
Originally Posted by ciswi View Post
Thanks, I had a look at Viceroy and it seems very nice, anyway rates are usually much more expensive than FS and Ritz.
I'll look better online!
It's usually much cheaper than both.
chinmoylad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: