Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Hotel Booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Question Four Seasons Hotel Booking

Hello members,
I am looking at FS Toronto. The prices are very consistent for this month all $600 CAD.
Could you all advise me what is the best way to book a room at an FS property keeping cost in mind, the most budget friendly method.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:11 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Either reach out direct to the hotel, or choose one of the FSPP members or Virtuoso members and book through them. Check with Wiki here: seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:27 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
A “Four Seasons Preferred” travel agent will get you some free stuff thrown in like upgrade, breakfast, food and beverage credit, welcome gift. The price will be the same.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:15 am
Aman Contributor Badge

If you book directly, remember to check the FS site for special offers for your dates closer to arrival and, if there is something, you can reach out to the hotel to change your reservation to the better rates. We have done this several times without any problems and saved a lot, like free nights etc. Maybe also the FS preferred travel agent are able to do this, but cannot answer that since we always book diretly. Also it might work to ask for specials upon booking by contacting the hotel, dependent on your relationship with the hotel/chain/GM.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:37 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Musken
you can reach out to the hotel to change your reservation to the better rates. We have done this several times without any problems and saved a lot, like free nights etc. Maybe also the FS preferred travel agent are able to do this
My team does this automatically for all bookings at preferred partner properties (FS, Mandarin, Rosewood, Ritz and independents). We also encourage clients to communicate if they happen to find something better as opposed to playing "i gotcha". Agent, client and hotel is all one big partnership
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Ditto'ing what ABG has said.

While what Musken shared is factual, you won't get the free breakfast for two or $100 credit (usually F&B or Spa, depending on the hotel in question) if you book directly. But to each, his or her own!

Originally Posted by ABG
My team does this automatically for all bookings at preferred partner properties (FS, Mandarin, Rosewood, Ritz and independents). We also encourage clients to communicate if they happen to find something better as opposed to playing "i gotcha". Agent, client and hotel is all one big partnership
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:16 pm

I have never used Virtuoso, or anything like it, and have almost always booked directly. Sounds like I need to expand my horizons and try it out. Now I am thinking I would have been better off booking my upcoming stay in Paris through Virtuoso. Are their any downsides to using something like Virtuoso?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by Travlur
I have never used Virtuoso, or anything like it, and have almost always booked directly. Sounds like I need to expand my horizons and try it out. Now I am thinking I would have been better off booking my upcoming stay in Paris through Virtuoso. Are their any downsides to using something like Virtuoso?
There's no downside. The price is typically exactly the same and you get amenities. A Virtuoso travel advisor can likely "take over" your existing booking so that you can receive the amenities. Where are you staying?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Are their any downsides to using something like Virtuoso?
No! Only limitation may be that at some hotels not all rates quality. But this is simple to gind out and again f there is a better deal you can book it.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

I have used virtuoso twice, once in Hong Kong and once in Abu Dhabi. Both properties were Four Seasons.
Few of the biggest advantage of booking through virtuoso is the assistance of a travel advisor. Depending on the occasion(i.e Birthday,anniversary,etc) they can directly communicate with the Hotel and this can enhance your stay.
Some of the guaranteed features are $100 USD hotel credit, complimentary breakfast (in most hotels) and room upgrade upon check-in subject to availability. Prices are similar if not the same with the hotel website.
I hope this helps.
Travlur likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Either reach out direct to the hotel, or choose one of the FSPP members or Virtuoso members and book through them. Check with Wiki here: seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)
How does Virtuoso vary from the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program, if at all?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Ive been using Bon Vivant who have got us good packages with FS Kyoto and Tokyo. Very responsive.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
How does Virtuoso vary from the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program, if at all?
  • You're not calling an 800# and talking to whomever answers the phone who may (or may not) have expertise in what you're trying to book.
  • You're working with your personal travel advisor whom you choose and who gets to know you and your preferences.
  • Your Virtuoso advisor will (or should) email or phone his/her rep at your hotel, convey your preferences, and ask to have you prioritized for an upgrade.
  • Your Virtuoso advisor may have other preferred hotel relationships (Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Dorchester Diamond Club, MO Fan Club, Shangri La Golden Circle, Peninsula PEN Club) which can be even more rewarding than Virtuoso or FHR.
  • And ... your Virtuoso advisor can also make FHR bookings for you in those rare instances where it really makes sense (you need the 4 p.m. check-out) ... and still provide personalized service and VIP follow-up.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:23 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by DavidO
  • You're not calling an 800# and talking to whomever answers the phone who may (or may not) have expertise in what you're trying to book.
  • You're working with your personal travel advisor whom you choose and who gets to know you and your preferences.
  • Your Virtuoso advisor will (or should) email or phone his/her rep at your hotel, convey your preferences, and ask to have you prioritized for an upgrade.
  • Your Virtuoso advisor may have other preferred hotel relationships (Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Dorchester Diamond Club, MO Fan Club, Shangri La Golden Circle, Peninsula PEN Club) which can be even more rewarding than Virtuoso or FHR.
  • And ... your Virtuoso advisor can also make FHR bookings for you in those rare instances where it really makes sense (you need the 4 p.m. check-out) ... and still provide personalized service and VIP follow-up.

In addition to this, depending on the destination etc, your Virtuoso advisor has likely been to the property and has done a site visit.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:46 pm

The OP should book through a Preferred Partner. Unless one already had contacts with the hotel (which sounds like it may not be the case) there’s no question that FSPP is the best and easiest way to get value added. And they can get value add IN ADDITION to virtually any published promotional offer on Four Seasons’ website.

Four Seaosns in particular has very strong ties with its top travel agencies, who are part of their business model. So, it can only help to book through a Preferred Partner, there is no downside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.