Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One week caribbean luxury location with an infant - NYC/EWR area - mid Feb 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:29 am
Original Poster

One week caribbean luxury location with an infant - NYC/EWR area - mid Feb 2018

Any recommendations on where to go for a relaxing, luxury spot in the Caribbean? We (two of us) have an eight month old and will have access to NYC area airports, but would prefer EWR. Would be for one week trip in mid Feb 2018 (so yes, last minute!). Trying to keep it under 1k/night. Have tons of Chase UR points if that helps. Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:02 pm

For my money it would be either FS Ocean Club in the Bahamas (recently reflagged from One&Only) or the Four Seasons in Nevis.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonjparr
For my money it would be either FS Ocean Club in the Bahamas (recently reflagged from One&Only) or the Four Seasons in Nevis.
Thanks. I will check them out.

For something like this trip, does it make sense to go through a travel agent? Or just go online and book it?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
You will get a lot of good ideas on this forum, but you might consider converting some of those Chase points to Hyatt points and trying the brand new Park Hyatt on St Kitts.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by 1 million

For something like this trip, does it make sense to go through a travel agent? Or just go online and book it?

If you are going FS, find a FSPP. Will get you upgrades and breakfast at same price as online. BESVISOR on the forum is quite good. hao.tang"at"besvisor"dot"com

If you up your budget a bit, Amanyera is a good option. Haven't been but dying to go!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:39 pm

Definitely use a Four Seasons Preferred Partner. They’ll be able to get you free breakfast, a possible upgrade, resort credit and VIP guest status. I’ve worked with the same TA for 5 years and she’s fantastic. If you want her contact details just send me a message on here.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Any other recommendations?
When booking with TAs, do they charge a fee for their service?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thanks all.

Any other recommendations?
When booking with TAs, do they charge a fee for their service?

The hotel pays a fee. No fee to the traveler.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Definitely use a Four Seasons Preferred Partner. They’ll be able to get you free breakfast, a possible upgrade, resort credit and VIP guest status. I’ve worked with the same TA for 5 years and she’s fantastic. If you want her contact details just send me a message on here.
I sent a PM
jp-mco likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:48 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Check the sticky thread at the top of the forum of all things TA related.
From EWR you can basically fly to all major island destinations plus other destinations like Mexico, Belize, Costa RIca etc.
Only you know how well your infant can handle travel & change of environment which can help dictate where you go.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
I am interested in the logistics of getting to ocean view club. I think you have to fly into Miami or nassau, take a smaller plane, and then take a taxi or ferry? It might be a lot with a baby. (It’s been on my list and we are expecting our first next month) You could look into something like banyan tree or rosewood mayakoba, too. Private villas and you fly into Cancun.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:19 am

You can just fly into Nassau airport (non-stop flights from NYC) and then arrange for the hotel to pick you up. There’s no ferry involved and it would be pretty stress free. There would be a ferry involved for Four Seasons Nevis as you would have to fly into a St Kitts but the ferry is owned and operated by Four Seasons and they’re great at making the experience stress free. The rum punch on the ferry helps!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by floridagal23
I am interested in the logistics of getting to ocean view club. I think you have to fly into Miami or nassau, take a smaller plane, and then take a taxi or ferry? It might be a lot with a baby. (It’s been on my list and we are expecting our first next month) You could look into something like banyan tree or rosewood mayakoba, too. Private villas and you fly into Cancun.
Banyan Tree was our absolute favorite when we had babies. We went 4 times. You get a wonderful villa with a huge pool, outdoor lounging area and separate living/dining pavilion, so there is plenty to do in the "room" while the baby naps, and there is a huge walk-in closet where you can put the crib. Their room service is great, and they will even cater a special dinner to have in the villa. They have lovely babysitters, so you can still get out to dine at Rosewood or in Playa del Carmen. I recommend getting a villa with a hot tub (because these are the villas that also have heated pools) and adding the breakfast, which is one of my favorite hotel breakfasts anywhere. I would be afraid of Bahamas being too chilly in February - Mexico is a safer bet.
KatW likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by katesy
Banyan Tree was our absolute favorite when we had babies. We went 4 times. You get a wonderful villa with a huge pool, outdoor lounging area and separate living/dining pavilion, so there is plenty to do in the "room" while the baby naps, and there is a huge walk-in closet where you can put the crib. Their room service is great, and they will even cater a special dinner to have in the villa. They have lovely babysitters, so you can still get out to dine at Rosewood or in Playa del Carmen. I recommend getting a villa with a hot tub (because these are the villas that also have heated pools) and adding the breakfast, which is one of my favorite hotel breakfasts anywhere. I would be afraid of Bahamas being too chilly in February - Mexico is a safer bet.
i agree. We had a nice stay there (sans baby) last year. The only thing that gives me pause is that you really need to ride bikes or take a golf cart or boat around the resort to breakfast, to the beach, etc. Things are a bit spread out.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:21 pm

You can just fly into Nassau airport (non-stop flights from NYC) and then arrange for the hotel to pick you up. There’s no ferry involved and it would be pretty stress free. There would be a ferry involved for Four Seasons Nevis as you would have to fly into a St Kitts but the ferry is owned and operated by Four Seasons and they’re great at making the experience stress free. The rum punch on the ferry helps!
thanks for explaining. Maybe baby’s first vacation will be to ocean view club!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.