Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

3 days in Vietnam, suggestions for luxury hotels.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Have never been to Vietnam. Get into SGN at 11am Thursday and leave 1600 Sunday.
Have shortlisted these three so far
1. Six senses Nina Van Bay
2. An Lam Retreats Ninh Van Bay
3. Amannoi

I know its only three days but not really that keen on spending them all in the main cities but do want to maximise time near a pool/sea. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Is it going to take too long to do the internal transfers to/from SGN and then to hotel from Cam Ranh Bay,
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Amano’i !!
The transfers are quite efficient , many flights if you are not picky .

Scenic and hassle free drive to Noi .

Have a wonderful stay .

At Amanemu now . The drive from Kyoto though pleasant is longer , thankfully the autumn foliage makes it a beautiful one too
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:52 pm

Three days isn’t even enough time for me to unpack a suitcase and begin to relax. I’d go for Aman if flight times work well.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Three days isn’t even enough time for me to unpack a suitcase and begin to relax. I’d go for Aman if flight times work well.
I know. Doing Maldives after this and only have a 3 day stop in or around the SIN area. Any other destinations within 2hrs flight? Had originally planned Amankila but having to change that due to the uncertainty there.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Only stayed at NVB. If you aren’t a big fan of rustic wood go for Amanoi. SSNVB is a fine hotel but it’s special. You must like the style (unfortunately my Exwife did, so no Amanoi)
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I know. Doing Maldives after this and only have a 3 day stop in or around the SIN area. Any other destinations within 2hrs flight? Had originally planned Amankila but having to change that due to the uncertainty there.
Go to N’oi !!
But if not Amano’i , Puri ?

If you do not need sea but only beautiful pool , Jiwo is another option
.. or Pulo & skip Maldives
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:33 pm

Direct flights on SQ from SIN to HKT (Phuket). I would choose Trisara, but Amanpuri, Anantara Layan, and Rosewood could be options. With such little time, a direct hassle free flight on SQ, and then being whisked off to a nearby resort like Trisara reduces time spent in transit. You can be in your villa within a few hours of leaving Singapore, instead of waiting for a connecting flight in Vietnam.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Direct flights on SQ from SIN to HKT (Phuket). I would choose Trisara, but Amanpuri, Anantara Layan, and Rosewood could be options. With such little time, a direct hassle free flight on SQ, and then being whisked off to a nearby resort like Trisara reduces time spent in transit. You can be in your villa within a few hours of leaving Singapore, instead of waiting for a connecting flight in Vietnam.
Good point. I onced missed my connection flight which wasn’t fun.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:30 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
3 days is barely enough time for a flight, drive to a resort etc. You waste so many hours when it comes to flying (and even more so if no direct flights) - is it worth it for just 3 days knowing you'll be in Maldives later?

Go to Capella and spend some down time there, or take the ferry from SG over to Bintan, stay at the Sanchaya.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
3 days is barely enough time for a flight, drive to a resort etc. You waste so many hours when it comes to flying (and even more so if no direct flights) - is it worth it for just 3 days knowing you'll be in Maldives later?

Go to Capella and spend some down time there, or take the ferry from SG over to Bintan, stay at the Sanchaya.
How is Bintan? The Banyan tree looks very good with the plunge pools! Is the Sanchaya better?

To be honest though I really want to try out a Aman as I have never stayed at one and this is a special occasion. Amanjiwo?

Last edited by RichardInSF; Dec 3, 2017 at 4:41 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:48 am

To be honest though I really want to try out a Aman as I have never stayed at one and this is a special occasion. Amanjiwo?
Jiwo is special for many , from anniversaries to birthdays .. the works .
If too rushed , save No’i for another time .

Bintan is no comparison..
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Jiwo is special for many , from anniversaries to birthdays .. the works .
If too rushed , save No’i for another time .

Bintan is no comparison..
No'i will take another flight after SGN where as I can take SQ to JOG. Saves 2-3hrs I guess. Is Jiwo really that good?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:54 am
Community Director Emerita

No'i will take another flight after SGN where as I can take SQ to JOG. Saves 2-3hrs I guess. Is Jiwo really that good?
I have been both places and prefer Amanoi. Rooms are more spread out. I had a sense of great privacy in our villa that Amanjiwo lacked. I love a water view and had a stunning view over the bay.
FlyerEC and MacMyDay like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad

I think a short, hassle free flight on SQ in J, followed by Trisara (for example) meet and greet VIP arrival is about as painless as commercial travel could possibly be. I’d sooner do that and spend three days somewhere really nice, than just kill time in a second rate place like Bintan. If the OP wanted to stay in Singapore for nightlife and restaurants, that could be an option, but it sounds like that’s exactly what the OP is trying to avoid.

Plus, onward flight from HKT to MLE could be easy on PG or SQ, depending on how connections line up.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

f the OP wanted to stay in Singapore for nightlife and restaurants, that could be an option, but it sounds like that’s exactly what the OP is trying to avoid.
Exactly and since its a special occasion I want the best hotels and locations only. Really liking the Amanjiwo. If it were a normal trip and I had 3 days spare then SIN alone would have done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.