Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sao Paulo- Hotel Palacio Tagara

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Sao Paulo- Hotel Palacio Tagara

I have stayed at the Fasano many times and like it but don't particularly enjoy the room décor. Oetker Collection recently opened Palacio Tagara and it looks like it will be or is the top place in Sao Paulo. Has anyone tried it?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:15 pm

***Moderator, could I please request that the name in the thread be corrected? - "Palácio Tangará"

I was at Palácio Tangará for three nights last month and it was perfection.

My booking was done through a Virtuoso agent and I was given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe junior suite from an entry level room. The space (as was the entire hotel) was thoughtful, tasteful, and beautiful. The fixtures and furniture were all of a standard that one would expect from a property of this class in terms of quality and style. More importantly, everything from the sofa to the bath was comfortable and functional.

The room had a balcony with a table for two looking onto some trees. Although I found that area superfluous for my needs, it added a great sense of well-being to what was already a very elegant setup.

Whilst the hardware was flawless, this hotel delivered equally well when it came to service. Pre-arrival communication was answered promptly (within hours) and then executed without trouble. Late check-out (4 pm) was provided and the room was cleaned even on the final morning. This is something I only take for granted at Amans as I don't recall any other property providing this service to a guest who is about to leave.

If anything, some of the housekeeping staff have difficulty with English. This was never a problem though as they would deal with requests almost instantaneously and have a supervisor call to translate everything. It was seamless.

Although I did not book any spa treatments, I made use of the gym which was equipped with a well chosen set of the latest machines. The two pools as well as the relaxation area were just as impressive.

Tangará Jean-Georges has recently been awarded a well-deserved 1 star. However, for me, it was the basic fare at the lobby lounge that was truly noteworthy. Try the truffle pizza. Simple, filling, and absolutely delicious.

The main ballroom has a separate door to the right of the driveway but just meters away from the lobby entrance. I point this out because one pet peeve of mine is when attendees of an event end up crowding out resident guests. This arrangement made the space very much still part of the hotel but created just enough of a divide for isolation. Considering that a large celebration (with countless security personnel) occurred whilst I was there, I commend the hotel for managing to avoid any feeling of intrusion.

One thing that must be qualified is that the location is far from the city centre. The tour guide I booked independently even had to add a surcharge because of this. Still, it's in a smart emerging part of the city close to some beautiful residences. Not the most practical for a business trip but fantastic for a leisure traveler. Might be good for both in 5-10 years considering the pace of development.

Although calling this property 6-star (as many locals do) is marketing nonsense, it most definitely is a 5-star hotel in the truest and most demanding sense of the word. It's one of my finest stays anywhere. This being my first Oetker visit, I'm excited that I may have just found a new favourite chain.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by TheBrownPrince; Jun 7, 2018 at 12:58 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Just booked this property for my next stay in Sao Paulo as I also didn't like the Fasano. Anyone been there recently?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:00 am
Suspended

applied an LHW pre-arrival upgrade cert for this stay (Feb. 2020) and it cleared already haha.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:10 am
Suspended

Here now, and I LOVE this property. The location isn't super convenient, but the stay has been so perfect and seamless. One of if not the best hotel experience on this trip. This is now my go to in Sao Paulo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.