Wiki Posts
Search

MAIA Seychelles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
MAIA Seychelles

Has anyone got any recent experience of the MAIA hotel in Mahe, Seychelles... There are a few reviews on here from a few years ago, just want to check what its like these days.

I have paid a deposit to go there next October on Honeymoon, but this can easily be changed without any cost implication...

I'd especially like to here about the food and wine offerings, and also the diving, which is included in the rates...

Thanks ^
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:54 pm

I remember MAIA when François Richli was GM... so a long time ago! Back then and under his influence it was quite special. Or should I say unique -- as in: didn't work for everybody but very accomplished. Frankly these days I would discourage everyone to book anything other than Four Seasons in the Seychelles. Not only because it is the best product, but you also have a lot of security and standards, which is important in this part of the world. I won't comment on the ongoing Six Senses issue but MAIA also had a severe incident, in which two young ladies lost their lives. Unexplained to this day, if I'm not mistaken. I am not saying it's a bad resort by any means! I just wouldn't hurry to go back.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by scented
I remember MAIA when François Richli was GM... so a long time ago! Back then and under his influence it was quite special. Or should I say unique -- as in: didn't work for everybody but very accomplished. Frankly these days I would discourage everyone to book anything other than Four Seasons in the Seychelles. Not only because it is the best product, but you also have a lot of security and standards, which is important in this part of the world. I won't comment on the ongoing Six Senses issue but MAIA also had a severe incident, in which two young ladies lost their lives. Unexplained to this day, if I'm not mistaken. I am not saying it's a bad resort by any means! I just wouldn't hurry to go back.
Hi, thanks for the message but not really answering my questions...!

We are aware of what happened at the MAIA, but are looking for up to date reviews and experiences.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Frankly these days I would discourage everyone to book anything other than Four Seasons in the Seychelles.
I think North Island and Fregate would have something to say about that.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I think North Island and Fregate would have something to say about that.
Oh... you're right. I was thinking about Mahé. @:-) Thanks for correcting.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:37 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I have not been to Maia, but that was where we almost went. Their wine that is included is far superior to Fregate, and the pre-arrival communication was professional despite us cancelling.

I was personally under the impression that it was of a higher caliber than the other chain hotels: hilton, four seasons, starwood, that were there.

Congrats on the honeymoon--you'll have a great time wherever you end up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.