Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury In Orlando: Four Seasons or Ritz?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador

Hi all, I'm looking at staying at either the Ritz or the Four Seasons Orlando for a few nights next May. I'm currently leaning towards the Ritz because the rate is considerably better (I was a bit surprised to see the standard no view/obstructed view at the Four Seasons go for almost $700 a night in May!). So I guess I'm wondering if the Four Seasons is worth the significantly higher rate? (For reference, we are traveling as a family with adult children, looking to enjoy the pool/amenities and simply relax). In addition, has anyone had experiences using a Virtuoso (or similar) rate at these properties, particularly in regards to upgrades and early check-in/late check-out? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
I used Virtuoso at the FS twice in the last two years. I got upgraded both times. Also, the included breakfast buffet was unbelievable. The FS also has an adult pool in case you want to be away from the Disney crowd (a crowd that included yours truly) and a wonderful spa.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by batmandds
I used Virtuoso at the FS twice in the last two years. I got upgraded both times. Also, the included breakfast buffet was unbelievable. The FS also has an adult pool in case you want to be away from the Disney crowd (a crowd that included yours truly) and a wonderful spa.
Thanks for the info. Do you remember what room you booked/what they upgraded you to? Is it usually one category?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO luxury in Orlando is an oxymoron due to the mouse. Hotels will be packed with screaming kids, etc. Not relaxing and difficult to enjoy the amenities. Go to Palm Beach or Amelia Island instead or, depending on your style Miami/South Beach. If you must do Orlando, the Peabody is a relatively civilized four star hotel located in a place that's more convenient for meetings than Disney.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by svo242
Four Seasons go for almost $700 a night in May
RC runs $435 to $635 in may 2018 for entry room, not all dates showing available.

i recall less positive comments here re RC. adult spa pool is separate, spa guests only.

interesting FS has added this >
Non-Resort guests can now enjoy day access to the Resort’s exclusive pools with the purchase of any [$245+] 80-minute treatment at The Spa. Adult guests can enjoy the adult-only pool, family pool, lazy river and water slides for the day. Simply reserve an appointment in advance by calling The Spa, and on the date of treatment, take advantage of checking in early and spending a relaxing day poolside. Appointments are required; some restrictions apply.
(children allowed at least for hair/nail care with extras, not sure re age for treatments)

and this on weekdays >
fourseasons.com/orlando/spa/daycation/
$285 pp for one of following >
($260) 80-minute Signature Radiance Facial
($250) 80-minute La Floridian body treatment
($245) 80-minute Classic Massage
+ $35 F&B credit + valet + 20% off additional spa

curious re the 2 waterside spa bungalows

a few here travel to FS orlando annually. think some others are planning trips there just for hotel (and nothing else)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 13, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO luxury in Orlando is an oxymoron due to the mouse. Hotels will be packed with screaming kids, etc. Not relaxing and difficult to enjoy the amenities. Go to Palm Beach or Amelia Island instead or, depending on your style Miami/South Beach. If you must do Orlando, the Peabody is a relatively civilized four star hotel located in a place that's more convenient for meetings than Disney.
True, it is not the most relaxing destination for sure, although our family just likes going there for a few nights to experience a bit of the Disney magic and explore the area. The remainder of our trip will be at the St. Regis Bal Harbour where we truly relax and unwind without the crowds from the parks.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
RC runs $435 to $635 in may 2018 for entry room, not all dates showing available.

i recall less positive comments here re RC. adult spa pool is separate, spa guests only.

interesting FS has added this >

and this on weekdays >
fourseasons.com/orlando/spa/daycation/
$285 pp for one of following >
($260) 80-minute Signature Radiance Facial
($250) 80-minute La Floridian body treatment
($245) 80-minute Classic Massage
+ $35 F&B credit + valet + 20% off additional spa
Thanks for the insight on the day passes/spa packages...I did not realize that was an option! Yes, the property itself and its amenities are the most appealing factor for us.

I just can't wrap my head around how they charge $700 for a bottom floor, no-view, standard room in Orlando in May (with a $100 upcharge to get a view of trees and a parking lot), but I guess it's the magic of the mouse? (An oceanfront room at the St. Regis BH is less at that time!)
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:37 am

The FS Orlando is sensational, despite the service sometimes being a little hit and miss. It is a large property, so not your typical FS, but the main pool area is amazing, the restaurants are great and the kids clubs (plural - one for little ones, and a games room for teens) are brilliant. In terms of rooms, I would not worry about getting entry level, other than to make sure you are not directly above a kitchen outlet or a/c unit - i.e. a high floor golden oak view will suffice (not sure about the limited view that you're talking about...maybe ask the hotel what the difference is). We would go back in a heartbeat.
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Amex PRG, Ritz Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Mlife Platinum
Orlando's obvious shortcomings aside, the Ritz (Grande Lakes) is quite a nice property. The spa is always relaxing (including the separate spa pool), Norman's is one of our favorite restaurants in Orlando, and the Club Lounge service is exceptional.
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigmerv
The FS Orlando is sensational, despite the service sometimes being a little hit and miss. It is a large property, so not your typical FS, but the main pool area is amazing, the restaurants are great and the kids clubs (plural - one for little ones, and a games room for teens) are brilliant. In terms of rooms, I would not worry about getting entry level, other than to make sure you are not directly above a kitchen outlet or a/c unit - i.e. a high floor golden oak view will suffice (not sure about the limited view that you're talking about...maybe ask the hotel what the difference is). We would go back in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the information! The "Four Seasons Room" is on floors 2-4 with an "obstructed" view: http://www.fourseasons.com/orlando/a..._seasons_room/
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:37 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

We actually stayed at the Hyatt last year and loved it. I'd even say it was as good as some of our great stays at luxury brands like Aman, Westin, or other comparable brands.
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by svo242
Thanks for the info. Do you remember what room you booked/what they upgraded you to? Is it usually one category?
I just booked a base room. But both times we got upgraded to rooms on higher floors with better views. I'm already looking forward to going back!
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:35 am

Okay so floors 2 - 4 would be right above the employee canteen, and facing the car park and entry way to the hotel. I would be VERY careful about which room is allocated to you - I am sure most will be fine (particularly on 4th floor), but some will not be very good at all. Personally, to avoid the stress of not knowing until arrival (as they won't guarantee you a particular room), I would go with a Golden Oak View and push for a high floor. Of course, if you are unlucky you will get the 5th floor...! The views on the other side - towards Disney - are very nice (and get the sunset) but I wouldn't bother paying a premium for them - if you really want to see the fireworks (which are a long way away), then you can sit at the bar outside the top floor steak restaurant. Our suite, IIRC, was on the 12th floor facing Golden Oak and our view was just fine and the sunrise sitting on the balcony with a coffee was awesome.
svo242 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:40 am

@DSI which Hyatt are you referring to?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
This is the fourth year I've gone with a group of friends, family, and Flyertalkers to the Four Seasons Orlando. Our dates this year are the holiday weekend of Oct. 6th. We negotiate a group rate. I can't more highly recommend this property and their team.

This is really a top tier Four Seasons. They are developing (successfully) an ultra luxury residential community next to the hotel and as such are pouring money into this hotel. I've never seen a pool complex (adult pool, family pool, children's splash/fountain pool, lazy river, spa oasis, and Four Seasons camp like at this property. They also have the best character breakfast offered of all the Magic Kingdom, with very personalized attention from the characters and a lavish buffet. We have 5-year-old twins so I appreciate the incredible amenities for the kids as well as the top notch separate adult pool and spa. PM if you'd like to join our group or take advantage of our rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.