Ski resorts in Austria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ski resorts in Austria

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Ski resorts in Austria

Folks, do you have any recommendations for luxury ski resorts in Austria?

Thanks in advance,
vbh
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:24 am

I can highly recommend Aurelio Lech. Will hopefully post a more complete review, but here are the main points:

Very small property with highly personalized service (only 9 rooms in the main building + separate clubhouse/chalet to rent)

Impressive infrastructure for a place of this size, such as large indoor pool and spa, 17 point Gault Millau restaurant, lounge, ski room

Perfect location in Lech. Fully ski-in/ski-out, very close to the main lift station, and a 5 minute walk to the village

Great food - they have a gourmet menu that changes daily, plus a number of classic dishes that are always available. All dishes also delivered to the room free of charge

Hard product is nice, too. Spacious rooms, in contemporary alpine style

Service highlights include for example:

Hotel car available at any time to drive you anywhere in the village. The driver dropped my daughter off for her ski lessons and picked her back up, and drove my wife around for shopping. They have 2 cars, availability was never an issue

Staff member went to the local supermarket to buy salty crackers for my daughter who was not feeling well

Never signed a bill during the entire stay
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

kamel123, greatly appreciated and great to hear. i regret not going back when they rented rooms in chalet. 8 rooms in chalet, 10 rooms in hotel. owner built because not allowed to create desired private residence (zoning) - great result for luxury travelers!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 4, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by kamel123
I can highly recommend Aurelio Lech. Will hopefully post a more complete review, but here are the main points:

Very small property with highly personalized service (only 9 rooms in the main building + separate clubhouse/chalet to rent)

Impressive infrastructure for a place of this size, such as large indoor pool and spa, 17 point Gault Millau restaurant, lounge, ski room

Perfect location in Lech. Fully ski-in/ski-out, very close to the main lift station, and a 5 minute walk to the village

Great food - they have a gourmet menu that changes daily, plus a number of classic dishes that are always available. All dishes also delivered to the room free of charge

Hard product is nice, too. Spacious rooms, in contemporary alpine style

Service highlights include for example:

Hotel car available at any time to drive you anywhere in the village. The driver dropped my daughter off for her ski lessons and picked her back up, and drove my wife around for shopping. They have 2 cars, availability was never an issue

Staff member went to the local supermarket to buy salty crackers for my daughter who was not feeling well

Never signed a bill during the entire stay

Thanks Kamel123; seems like you and your family had a wonderful time there. I will look into it for our skiing trip; your glowing review of the property will factor greatly into our decision.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
Hotel Aurelio:

One of the best hotels for quick access to skiing, amazing rooms and great food. Service was also great. However, if I can remember correctly, you need to rent your skis in town, which sucks. Also there are some evil steps coming in and out of the ski-room. No kids playroom either.

If you are single or with only your SO than it is a great hotel and Lech is in my opinion one of the best ski resorts in all of Europe. It is also a very pretty place. Get yourself to the Strolz store and buy a custom made ski boot for your feet. No place better on the planet buy custom made ski boots.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks tcmb99 and kamel123 !

how busy were pool/spa/restaurant?

any offpeak rates with still good skiing?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
I've only been to Lech-Zurs once, but I'd politely ask you to exclude Thurnher's Alpenhof as a possible destination. The hotel is stuffy and clubby. I had my worst meal ever in the restaurant.

Also, make sure your liver is healthy. St Anton is quite the party destination.

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; Aug 4, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks tcmb99 and kamel123 !

how busy were pool/spa/restaurant?

any offpeak rates with still good skiing?
We were there in March this year. Pool/Spa/Restaurant were not busy at all, most of the time we were alone at the pool. Off-peak rates start around mid-March. Skiing was still OK, all lifts were open, but snow was slushy. The season in Lech typically ends in April only, but this year there were high temperatures in March, which negatively affected conditions.

Originally Posted by tcmb99
Hotel Aurelio:
However, if I can remember correctly, you need to rent your skis in town, which sucks. Also there are some evil steps coming in and out of the ski-room. No kids playroom either.
Yes, skis need to be rented in town, but they will call ahead for an appointment and drive you to the shop, and they will also give back the skis. I had no issue with the steps, but it's true there are around 5-6 steps leading up. There is a kids playroom (maybe this was added later), but it's below ground next to the parking garage, without natural light. We did not spend any time there as it looked pretty sad.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Great feedback folks ...much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.