Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Brenners Park - Villa Stephanie (Baden-Baden, Germany)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brenners Park - Villa Stephanie (Baden-Baden, Germany)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I would like to say a few words about gastronomy. Breakfast is a la carte and was served in the park. The food was quite good, although some of the pastries were a bit dry and the pancakes a bit burnt. Overall OK, but certainly not something I will remember for years to come.

There are 3 restaurants in the hotel, all of which we tried. The first is La Rive Gauche, which is outside the hotel grounds. It's quite good and relatively cheap, but in the end you can eat somewhere else.

The second is the Fritz & Felix. A very nice grill in the hotel. The food was quite good, although the prices are also high. I was offered a grilled sole, but when I saw the price later I was a bit surprised. I thought the price for the fries and the burnt vegetables was rather sporty at 8 euros each.

It was really annoying that 90 percent of the guests were smokers and smoked like hell. Eating with plenty of stinking toxins is not really my thing. To make matters worse, guests were also served cigars.
On the last evening we ate at the gourmet restaurant Wintergarten. The food was quite good, although half of the dishes were over-seasoned. Even though it cost 300 €, it was certainly not at star level.

Some guests couldn't get over how great their experience was. Personally, I didn't leave angry, but I wasn't thrilled despite the good "Eisauflauf Stephanie".
FlyerEC, lb8001 and United747 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
In summary, the Brenners is a decent hotel with good service, but nothing totally outstanding. It may be one of the top 5 in Germany, but there are more exciting hotels abroad. Nevertheless, it can be recommended.
KatW, RichardInSF and United747 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Thanks for the review. I have always been intrigued by this one as I have a soft spot for old European classics.Our house cat is also named named Cleopatra or Cleo for short but she is certainly not as dignified as this cat as ours was found as a stray!
KatW, offerendum and lb8001 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The hotel appears to be under significant renovations...does anyone have any specific details or has been there this fall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.