Tropical Beaches in May?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tropical Beaches in May?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:58 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
May is a bit iffy - it really depends on when the weather changes.

I was there in late April last year and it was absolutely stunning, so if you're going early May you may be ok.
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I've heard that it's a very, very good reef FWIW
The last time we were in Phuket in May was last May , actually in Puri .. Before mid May & got rather rough / windy / mixed later but still sunny . Good for " jumping " waves

Considering that we have been to Puri numerous times since ' 89 , one wonders why we haven't made it to that lovely reef .
Secretly though , before this post , an excuse or good reason to return when others ask why we do not go stay at other / newer Amans but keep returning to Puri .
Why does one go ' home ' ? - one of many ??

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 13, 2017 at 9:08 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
If going to Vietnam, you could do both Amanoi and FS Nam Hai pretty easily. The FS has a lot of sights to see outside of the resort, and Amanoi is really about the resort.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Is 5 days at Noi too much, in your experience?
Never been to Noi; nevertheless, the notion that five days could be too much at any luxury beach resort does not compute for this reader.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
In my opinion, not much to do an Amanoi other than relax by the pool and beach. We did not find the excursions particularly interesting compared to other Aman locations, So the decision of how much time to spend there is how long you want to do very little.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:30 pm
Original Member

Doing very little is just about perfect for me!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
v

I would love to visit Mauritius, actually, but I wrote it off as I assumed it was too cold for a beach holiday in May - am I wrong? Is it warm enough for a nice beach holiday? Happy to bear some rain, more concerned with overall temperature.
Weather will peak 28c-30c which is warm enough for me. Not the searing heat of Phuket or the sweltering humidity of Bali. Mauritius is seriously oceanic, so constant cooling breezes and a little rain. We went in May a few years back and loved the climate and the hotel - Le Prince Maurice.

Another good thing about Mauritius is that you can rent and car and explore the island. It's very scenic and has a diverse culture. It's a proper country, not just a big resort.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:25 am

I would probably head for a couple days in Tokyo and then take the TN flight to FS Bora Bora... the perfect time to visit French Polynesia, although I realize it is hardly Asia.
I've done Phuket in April/May and it's a gamble indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.