Further reviews from 2018 and 2019 may be found in this now-closed thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1907886&referrerid=14479

Print Wikipost

Maldives hotel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Maldives hotel recommendations

Would be great if you could share your most luxurious stay in Maldives or the hotel on your wishlist. Been longing to go for a very long time and would love to have some motivations for saving money! Thanks in advanced.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
Lots of posts here but for me its Gili Lankanfushi:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowU...nkanfushi.html
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:44 am

Our most luxurious stay was at Velaa:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ECK_RATES_CONT
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
After 2 trips in 2 years, Baros is by far my favorite hotel in the world. Bonus for us is that no children under the age of 8 are allowed, and it's only about 25 min from the airport so worked well with the short timeline we had for our trips there.
Both visits we stayed in a overwater villa with pool.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...os_Island.html
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:27 am

What about Reethi Rah?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Depends on what you want!

For "polished" luxury, go for Velaa Private Island or Cheval Blanc Randheli. One&Only Reethi Rah is of the polished variety of luxury but is a significantly larger resort.

For "Robinson Crusoe" casual luxury, go for Gili Lankanfushi.

Here are my reviews from March 2016.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:36 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Reethi Rah is running a Stay 7/Pay 5 (as are many of the others too depending on dates). Some even mix it up with a half-board/full-board and transfers included if you plan to stay that long.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:35 am

Don't think that 'saving money' and 'Maldives' is possible, especially in 2017. Prices seem to rise just as fast as sea levels there...
Although the O&O deal seems rather good!

Interesting re Maldives: Link
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by scented
Although the O&O deal seems rather good!
Velaa, Soneva Jani (and Fushi), Gili Lankanfushi, Cheval Blanc, Six Senses Laamu etc - they all regularly run Stay 7/Pay 5 - usually either with complimentary half-board or return transfers or both. Some even run 4th night free deals with similar add-ons.

Usually combinable with Virtuoso too.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
Looking for help in sorting out best Maldives options

We will be in Sri Lanka for a couple of weeks in early November and are considering spending a week or so in Maldives afterwards since they are near by. Unlike many vacationers going to this area, we are not interested in staying in an over water villa. We like the tropical beach environment and would like to stay on the beach at the water front surrounded by palms and have a private outdoor area including a small pool and shower. For example, the deluxe villa at the conrad hilton property is appealing. We are not seeking complete isolation and there are only two of us traveling.

I am a Hilton Diamond so I first looked at the conrad hilton. It has some features that appeal to us but I am wondering if we could find someplace with more of a beach focus than the overwater stuff.

Most of the Maldives coverage I have seen focusses on the overwater experience. Honestly, it would be great if there were no overwater structures and just beach villas. We would also prefer an island that is large enough to take walks around and even have access to a bicycle. It would also be nice to have access to a sailboat - either dinghy or catamaran. And finally, a variety of dining options. Is this at all realistic?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
Old May 7, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
Soneva Fushi sounds just about right, no overwater structures, bikes, intelligent luxury
Old May 7, 2017, 9:00 pm

Soneva Fushi.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:41 pm

My wishlist, I'd love to try a combo of rustic Soneva Jani and modern Velaa.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Reethi Rah, without a doubt. Gili Lankanfushi was great few years ago, especially Crusoe villas. But it's getting a bit long in the tooth now and it's VERY rustic version of luxury, check first if that's your thing.
Conrad's saving grace are jacuzzis on balconies, but the place is full of point spenders and Chinese tourists.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old May 10, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Amilla Fushi also meets your requirements. I rate it very highly but haven't stayed at the other properties mentioned here so can't provide a first hand comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.