Search

Miami Hotel - which would you pick?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2023, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
  • Walkable to restaurants and shops, which is a benefit over surfside/bal harbour.
At least the StR has also shops and restaurants in convenient walking distance. FS is less convenient, but still walkable.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 5:22 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by offerendum
At least the StR has also shops and restaurants in convenient walking distance. FS is less convenient, but still walkable.
Valid. StR also has the bal harbour shops across the street, which is convenient.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:03 am

Relaxed and Lux Miami beach hotels

Hi. I'm looking to stay in Miami on the beach with my partner, relaxed atmosphere, not non-stop party. Nice atmosphere, good food, nice beach and pools. Trying not to crack $1K a night but would if the place is amazing. I was contemplateing the Miami Editon, Setai, W, 1, Nobu etc....
I do have Amex Platinum too. Open to any and all suggestions. An important trip to get right! Thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:10 pm
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I would suggest the Mandarin Oriental when visiting Miami.....I had a fantastic stay there, last summer.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:30 am

Any thoughts specially on the Miami Edition? Price and location seem to be right and I would get perks as Amex Platinum
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by zagat39
Any thoughts specially on the Miami Edition? Price and location seem to be right and I would get perks as Amex Platinum
The Edition is quite a party. Not the worst, but bear in mind it's the only place with an indoor skating rink.
KatW and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by zagat39
Hi. I'm looking to stay in Miami on the beach with my partner, relaxed atmosphere, not non-stop party. Nice atmosphere, good food, nice beach and pools. Trying not to crack $1K a night but would if the place is amazing. I was contemplateing the Miami Editon, Setai, W, 1, Nobu etc....
I do have Amex Platinum too. Open to any and all suggestions. An important trip to get right! Thank you.
Setai for relaxation but my personal choice would be W South Beach. Avoid the Nobu hotel.

In general SoBe isn’t known to be relaxing and the beach isn’t the best. The food is just same as anywhere else. You can look at Naples or Palm Beach/Boca
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by ofj
I would suggest the Mandarin Oriental when visiting Miami.....I had a fantastic stay there, last summer.
Service is great but the rooms can be a bit dated unless you get one of the newer reno suites.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: all of 'em.
Setai is my favorite in that area. Have tried most of the others, but keep re-choosing Setai. Have stayed there 5 or 6 times over twenty years, and it's been remarkably consistent.
I'm trying Faena for the first time later this year.
Haven't been to 1, but the Edition didn't overwhelm me, particularly at price in this city. I've preferred their 'editions' in midtown NYC and West Hollywood.
I agree that the W SoBe is a good hotel product, one of very few acceptable W's in the US that I've experienced. It's got a great roof lounge/deck that isn't always overrun by club kids.
You may be priced out of FS surfside? If not, I'd consider it. While it wasn't exactly for me, there's no denying it's an excellent hotel - has many fans here on FT and elsewhere.

EDIT: No stays at MO but have visited, and like all MO's I've seen, the grounds and setting are lovely. Would def be up for trying it.
EuropeanPete and Vaterland like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by grumbler
Service is great but the rooms can be a bit dated unless you get one of the newer reno suites.
And not really a beach hotel.....
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:28 am

I would add my vote for the Mandarin Oriental, despite being downtown there is a lovely ambiance being on its own part of the island with their "beach" club, next to the pool. For a proper beach experience, Four Seasons Surfside is one of the best, but you would be out of Miami Beach proper although I find Surfside/Bal Harbour a lot more refined and relaxing. The latter has a gorgeous property and impeccable service.
ofj and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:04 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by grumbler
Good to know; thanks - I wasn't aware of that. My room was definitely very new and clean. I was under the impression that all the rooms there were like that.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:38 am
BLV

Setai. Here as I type. The only place in SoBe that manages to create a home feel, because staff has been the same for 10+ years. Service is excellent and something Aman NY should really learn from 😬
cornwall4000 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:41 am

The Edition vs Setai

That's what it's come down to, and for some reason the Setai isn't available for the first night of our stay. Thoughts? To be honest I'm concerned about the W and its reputation in general and so the Edition seems a bit more my speed. The Faena intrigues but seems a little... tacky? A place to visit rather than stay ? Sigh. Can't decide.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Which Miami hotel has in-house babysitters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.