Wiki Posts
Search

Shenzhen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Shenzhen

What is the consensus on the best property in town?

Will be here on business. I am a four seasons fan, but the pictures of the local four seasons are not very promising.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
What is the consensus on the best property in town?
Would you consider staying in HK and commuting?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:17 pm
Suspended

How about Ritz Carlton
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels...u/rooms-suites
have never been.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Would you consider staying in HK and commuting?
With all the great hotel options in HK, I would love to, frankly.
But I realistically will have very long days, and I should be based in town.

Originally Posted by KateHarrison
How about Ritz Carlton
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels...u/rooms-suites
have never been.
I think you linked the wrong hotel, as that RC is in Guangzhou. Generally am not a bit RC fan, but am willing to try it out if that's consensus.

Digressing for a moment, but how would I love to have, say, a Tony Chi-designed MO Guangzhou in Shenzhen!

Last edited by 0bsidian; Nov 3, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:22 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
With the traffic in Shenzhen i'd say your stay should be a function of where your meetings are taking place.
St Regis wasn't yet mentioned
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
With the traffic in Shenzhen i'd say your stay should be a function of where your meetings are taking place.
St Regis wasn't yet mentioned
Yes - I find the traffic between HK and Shenzhen is absolutely horrifying.

As for the St. Regis, I get great feedback on it....but like most St. Regis, it feels like a bit of a hard sell for your typical FlyerTalker
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:41 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
All a bit much of a muchness.

With places like this, I'd highly recommend whatever gives you best bang for your buck/points back/points to use etc.

Also consider places you need to be at/visit for business/leisure - traffic in Shenzhen at peak hours can be annoying, and it's a fairly spread out city (vs something like HK).

I'm usually in Nanshan, so depending on where you neeed to be, avoid the Kempinski there as much as possible. Marriott in Coastal City is a decent option, as is the very intriguing Hotel Kapok.

By the way, when will you be there? I'm in Shenzhen 3-4 days a week (sometimes 5). Drop me a message would love to meet up.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:38 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I thought the FS was good. Surprisingly affordable as well. But if traveling for business, I'd usually consider location a lot more than the hotel itself. If the FS is close to work, why not? It's not like you have many choices like you do in HK.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
All a bit much of a muchness.

With places like this, I'd highly recommend whatever gives you best bang for your buck/points back/points to use etc.

Also consider places you need to be at/visit for business/leisure - traffic in Shenzhen at peak hours can be annoying, and it's a fairly spread out city (vs something like HK).

I'm usually in Nanshan, so depending on where you neeed to be, avoid the Kempinski there as much as possible. Marriott in Coastal City is a decent option, as is the very intriguing Hotel Kapok.

By the way, when will you be there? I'm in Shenzhen 3-4 days a week (sometimes 5). Drop me a message would love to meet up.
The trip is still unconfirmed, it's now looking like January - Will definitely reach out when confirmed!

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I thought the FS was good. Surprisingly affordable as well. But if traveling for business, I'd usually consider location a lot more than the hotel itself. If the FS is close to work, why not? It's not like you have many choices like you do in HK.
That's good to know - will go for FS then, as distance works (and I am a bit of an FS fanboy).
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:11 am
Community Director Emerita

I had a lovely stay at the Hyatt. Then, again, it was my only stay in Shenzhen so I can't compare it to other properties.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:15 pm

I stayed at the Shangri-La and It was great. Right across from the border to HK, if you want to visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.