Best hotel in Palm Springs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Best hotel in Palm Springs

What is hands down the best option?
Really appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:52 pm

i like l'horizon the best. there are also some amazing home rentals which imo are the gems of palm springs

http://www.prettyvacantproperties.com/pages/view/y-que/
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Definitely l'Horizon at this point. Intimate and luxurious with a beautiful restaurant called So.Pa.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
NOT the Westin😉 Had a terrible stay years ago.....
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone heard re thewillowspalmsprings.com ?

Originally Posted by wripro
Yes, The Willow is a lovely hotel, small and beautifully decorated. Plus it has the benefit of being right across the street from Le Vallauris, a terrific French restaurant with a really wonderful outdoor patio.
thanks!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 26, 2016 at 11:23 am
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Yes, The Willow is a lovely hotel, small and beautifully decorated. Plus it has the benefit of being right across the street from Le Vallauris, a terrific French restaurant with a really wonderful outdoor patio.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
Been a bit since there's been any PS chatter here.

Driving my '68 Firebird convertible cross country in October (from NYC to L.A. where it belongs, been meaning to do it forever).
After 6 nights at rack-up-some-points type hotels along 66, thinking about treating myself to a couple of nights in the desert brfore the final furlong.

It's been 5 or 6 years since I've stayed round there. Have usually done Parker or Quinta, but wondering if there's something new(er) i should be trying?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:36 pm

Hi cornwall4000

I was discussing PS with a wedding photographer I'm considering, and we talked about PS. He likes the La Serena Villas a lot, and also the Avalon. (For staying at, not as function spaces). We had planned a trip to stay at LS Villas, but had to cancel. I will say the reservations people were warm and kind. We hope to reschedule soon.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:55 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by cornwall4000
Been a bit since there's been any PS chatter here.

Driving my '68 Firebird convertible cross country in October (from NYC to L.A. where it belongs, been meaning to do it forever).
After 6 nights at rack-up-some-points type hotels along 66, thinking about treating myself to a couple of nights in the desert brfore the final furlong.

It's been 5 or 6 years since I've stayed round there. Have usually done Parker or Quinta, but wondering if there's something new(er) i should be trying?
You’ll need a playlist for that road trip: https://www.drivingroute66.com/20-to...driving-songs/
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Did Parker Palm Springs a few years ago for business and enjoyed my stay—pleasant, very contemporary decor by Jonathan Adler.
The Willows Historic Palm Springs Inn is probably the best in terms of a more classic-style hotel.

Villa Royale also nice, but more contemporary.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 7:49 am

Thanks for the suggestions, friends.
That Villa Royal looks like my kind of place. I've heard good things about that Kirkwood property too, remember reading an article about it a year or three back.
I think in the end I may try the Avalon as a Bonvoy point generator, though, or the Parker which is never disappointing.

Thanks for that playlist, too, Kat!
Some gems in there, though i may skip the Whitesnake. And if i hear just one more play of "Take it Easy" i might drive off a bridge....
luxefarer and maybemaybenot like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 9:49 pm

My FI and I have an ongoing discussion about which is worse "Take It Easy", or "Hotel California".
cornwall4000 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's stick to the thread topic please, folks.

Thanks!

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and trael
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Watch out on this - many of the hotels, even the chain hotels are run-down dinosaurs. If you are after mid-range then the Hilton is not terrible, my stay in a junior suite there last year was fine. My stay at the Hyatt a few months later was awful. If you are after the best luxury then it's going to be the Parker Hotel. It's a LHW and very hip and modern-looking. Pool is lovely which is needed if you are going in the hot months - in saying that in mid-summer the pool areas are still too hot to use. Prices $$$$.
obscure2k and luxefarer like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:51 am

Appreciated.
I've decided to chill at the Avalon on the last night of this cross country trip.
Looked into l'horizon and Kirkwood as well, but those look like places to try with the wife.
Can also bang up some M/B points at Avalon, so it makes sense for a 24hour stop before re-entering normal life after 6 nights at Courtyard by Four Points by Bedbugs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.