Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viceroy Anguilla to become Four Seasons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Viceroy Anguilla to become Four Seasons

Travel Weekly had an article - since taken down - that said that the Viceroy would
become a Four Seasons property. Anybody know about that? It would definitely
up the service game at an erratic property.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:01 pm

Yes I heard about this.

Last edited by surftb15; Jun 4, 2016 at 11:19 am
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL PM
On island right now (at Viceroy Anguilla's Sunset Lounge last night) and second hand among expats is that it is a done deal but story was not confirmed directly from parties involved so was pulled.

Four Seasons would be positive for the resort, which has struggled since its beginning to have competent concierge and service levels people expect at such a price point. With so many established (and a few new) properties vying for the "best" luxury hotel on the island moniker (but all falling short in one way or the other), Four Seasons could finally be the one to pull ahead of the pack.

Came back to Cap Juluca this trip - the room we are in is much improved from 2010 and 2011. Better doors/screens, faucets, decor, and housekeeping. The beach is the draw here.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Member

What "falls short" at Cap Juluca?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by KatW
What "falls short" at Cap Juluca?
Historically the food (average stereotypical hotel/Sysco-type fare on an island known for great restaurants). We've only been here 24 hours, but so far it seems better this trip (new chef - but I was told he is off this week), though breakfast experiences at Viceroy and Malliouhana have had better food quality and variety than we've experienced here. (That said I think Viceroy scaled back since our stay there - it was a bountiful buffet with many stations.) But we like the convenience at Cap of all the rooms being steps to the sand, so we just go off-site for most meals.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Here is an article just posted on TA with the similar content as the Travel Weekly article that was pulled: http://trueviralnews.com/?p=187905

In addition to the Four Seasons piece (taking over Viceroy in August), mention is made of
the likely Cap Juluca sale followed by a major room expansion plus the addition of the long discussed mega yacht project at Altamer plus 164 rooms. I wish them well as I love everything about Anguillia, particularly the people who live there. History, however, does not lead me to be optimistic that 1) most of this will actually happen and 2) whether there will be a year round supply of visitors that will make such growth a success.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:59 pm

The problem with the Viceroy is that, viewed from down the beach, it looks like a nuclear power plant. Quite inappropriate in my view for this little island.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Viceroy is officially a Four Seasons now.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
Viceroy is officially a Four Seasons now.
Which is interesting, as the property is owned by Barry Sternlicht's Starwood Capital. I wonder why they didn't decide to manage it under one of their own hotel brands, such as '1 Hotels'. Good news, though. It should mean better service.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Which is interesting, as the property is owned by Barry Sternlicht's Starwood Capital. I wonder why they didn't decide to manage it under one of their own hotel brands, such as '1 Hotels'. Good news, though. It should mean better service.
Vuitton, what do you think about the design of this hotel? I have never seen it. From the pictures, I am not sure it fits the island like Pausanius said although it will be nice to have another FS in the Caribbean.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:41 pm

Oh, it definitely does not fit any concept of Carribean. It's a concrete monolith.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:22 am

Is it more expensive now with Four Seasons or the same as under Viceroy?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:15 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Holy cow that thing is ugly. Who signed off on that design?!?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
Vuitton, what do you think about the design of this hotel? I have never seen it. From the pictures, I am not sure it fits the island like Pausanius said although it will be nice to have another FS in the Caribbean.
I think the architect should be shot and the interior designer given a medal for coping with it. But then, it is no worse than FS Ko Olina!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

property was on market, talking to at least one potential buyer a year ago - did it sell ?

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I think the architect should be shot and the interior designer given a medal for coping with it. But then, it is no worse than FS Ko Olina!
surely original owner, not the staff at WATG ?

and of course FS Ko Olina was a JW marriott

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 30, 2016 at 11:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.