Wiki Posts
Search

Hua Hin, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Hua Hin, Thailand

What is the best property in Hua Hin (excluding Chiva Som)?

Am aware Hua Hin isn't the most luxurious beach spot in Thailand, but it's for a friend who's based in BKK and dead set on location (I tried to gently steer him towards FS Samui or Trisara, but there was nothing to do...).

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
How about...sounds to us fascinating and memorable...

Formerly the Hua Hin Railway Hotel, one of the classic hotels of the East, the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin was constructed in 1923 and has retained its rich, old-world charm. An iconic, multi-award winning hotel, it is located in the center of Thailand, and is easily accessible from Bangkok.
http://www.lhw.com/hotel/Centara-Gra...a-Hin-Thailand
http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centaragrand/chbr/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Apr 3, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:25 pm

Intercontinental has beach front villas that are quite nice. Hyatt Barai, Sheraton (formerly Six Senses), and Anantara are also options.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by uggboy
How about...sounds to us fascinating and memorable...

http://www.lhw.com/hotel/Centara-Gra...a-Hin-Thailand
http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centaragrand/chbr/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Thank you - Centara looks a bit too colonial for my tastes, but will pass the recommendation on.

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Intercontinental has beach front villas that are quite nice. Hyatt Barai, Sheraton (formerly Six Senses), and Anantara are also options.
Intercontinental looks like a winner.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:59 pm

The beachfront house at the IC is beautiful. The Centara is lovely (stayed there too) but very old school, old style and some of the suites are quirky and not beach front.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:53 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
What is the best property in Hua Hin (excluding Chiva Som)?
If there is no way around going somewhere in Thailand (a military dictatorship with "reeducation" soon to be "concentration" camps), Hua Hin is a convenient and if you drive along the coast scenic drive from Bangkok.

The former Railway Hotel (now Centara Grand) is a must. It is by no means too "colonial". Choose the "railway wing" for the historic feel or the more "modern" colonial wing. The "museum" coffee shop is a must, and the sun downers on the beach terrace are magic with delicious amuse bouches. The place where you could forget still being in Thailand.

BTW the best seafood restaurant in Hua Hin is Chao Lay.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:13 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Intercontinental has beach front villas that are quite nice.
With the new beachside Club InterContinental and the reclusive addition across the street, this property is amazing - we just had a 3-night stay and it is highly recommended: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57667165632131
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:18 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Evason?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:05 pm

Just bumping this thread to see if any more recent views, or are the IC and CG still the go-to choices? Many thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
Just bumping this thread to see if any more recent views, or are the IC and CG still the go-to choices? Many thanks.
Marriott did a complete tear down and built a new seaside resort very close to downtown about a year ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26477884-post91.html
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:18 pm

Thanks - looks like no luxury options in this area, so probably not really a thread for this forum!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:03 pm

Intercontinental (club level and beachfront villas)
Hyatt Barai and Persidential Villa
Sheraton Villas (formerly Six Senses)
Anantara suites

Not "luxury" relative to other Thailand properties discussed here, but nevertheless far from bad...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:31 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Intercontinental (club level and beachfront villas)
Hyatt Barai and Persidential Villa
Sheraton Villas (formerly Six Senses)
Anantara suites

Not "luxury" relative to other Thailand properties discussed here, but nevertheless far from bad...
Evason?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Evason?

I have no idea about that property. I would only stay at the Sheraton Villas, which are what used to be the Six Senses branded villas adjacent to Evason.

Maybe it's all managed by Starwood now as Sheraton?

Hua Hin is not usually where I would choose to go, as I can just as easily get on a domestic flight to southern Thailand, but it can be a nice place to take a short trip by car.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
I have no idea about that property. I would only stay at the Sheraton Villas, which are what used to be the Six Senses branded villas adjacent to Evason.

Maybe it's all managed by Starwood now as Sheraton?

Hua Hin is not usually where I would choose to go, as I can just as easily get on a domestic flight to southern Thailand, but it can be a nice place to take a short trip by car.
Evason Hua Hin, Thailand

Please see:

http://www.sixsenses.com/evason-reso...in/destination

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.