Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Bali?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I say this in every thread that the Chedi is mentioned, but wow is right - what an absolutely amazing property. Maybe not the best hotel I've ever been to, but it is still the one my SO and I look back on most fondly. The rate is a steal for what is included, as well (laundry, minibar, butler, etc.).
callmedtop i can't believe I didn't even think to mention the laundry, minibar, and the butler. All highlights of the property. 6 pieces per person of laundry a day is a nice touch, fully stocked minibar with comp alcohol is a nice way to relax, and the butler, who was always there but never there was top notch. He checked in on us, took us for a rice field trekking tour, and looked out for our smallest or biggest concerns and needs. The rate is so competitive and really hard to beat for all the amenities offered. We will be back.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by benjahman
callmedtop i can't believe I didn't even think to mention the laundry, minibar, and the butler. All highlights of the property. 6 pieces per person of laundry a day is a nice touch, fully stocked minibar with comp alcohol is a nice way to relax, and the butler, who was always there but never there was top notch. He checked in on us, took us for a rice field trekking tour, and looked out for our smallest or biggest concerns and needs. The rate is so competitive and really hard to beat for all the amenities offered. We will be back.
You're making me yearn to return just by bringing it up again! I promised myself we wouldn't return to Bali until we cross off a few places on the bucket list, but man, is it hard to resist.

That said, I'm sending my mother and her lifelong best friend to Bali for a week of R&R and have been debating where to put them up. Aman's on sale for $600 AI during that time period, but with the Chedi at $400 AI for a pool villa, I have to wonder if it's even worth the extra $200 for the Aman properties, even at that crazy low $600 rate.

Tough problems . Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
You're making me yearn to return just by bringing it up again! I promised myself we wouldn't return to Bali until we cross off a few places on the bucket list, but man, is it hard to resist.

That said, I'm sending my mother and her lifelong best friend to Bali for a week of R&R and have been debating where to put them up. Aman's on sale for $600 AI during that time period, but with the Chedi at $400 AI for a pool villa, I have to wonder if it's even worth the extra $200 for the Aman properties, even at that crazy low $600 rate.

Tough problems . Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
Which period is that, if I may ask?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Which period is that, if I may ask?
December.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:43 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
December.
All of the Indonesian Aman's have a current "Undiscovered Indonesia" rate that is $605 for base rooms including taxes and breakfast through the end of the year with some blackout dates.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
You really need to decide on location.

Ubud is magnificent and still special.

A lot of the independent properties have some big villas.

In Ubud have a look at the viceroy. The viceroy villa is great. (Search for my TR) huge and amazing views. Over 400sqm (4300 sft)

The Royal Pita Maha has the Royal house. You will need to call the hotel. This has to be the hotel with the best view ever. Incredible. The grounds of this hotel are something to behold.

Both of these have large private pools.

Don't be put off the rates of these big villas in independent hotels. Call them and see what they can offer.

Have you thought about Lombok? The Oberoi is also amazing and has an incredible beach. Worth a thought. Easy to get to and sublime.

In the south you have so many options.

Have a great time.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
I can attest to the amazing views o
At the Royal Pita Maha. The Royal House room there is amazing and the closest you are going to get staying at the Angung river. Imaging doing yoga classes ten feet from the river with the best uninterrupted views imo.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:31 am

Just returned from the Chedi Club. What an amazingly beautiful, serene property. It's like being on the private estate of Indonesia's foremost architect (which is what it is).
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Just returned from the Chedi Club. What an amazingly beautiful, serene property. It's like being on the private estate of Indonesia's foremost architect (which is what it is).
Glad you also enjoyed it! What a fantastic place.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Glad you also enjoyed it! What a fantastic place.
What do we think of Chedi Club v Amandari these days?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

take advantage of brand new aman Exclusive and FHR 4th night free?
although it seems the FHR free night may continue to be offered

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Why not just rent a massive private villa with staff? For the money a lot of you are talking about for these hotels, that can be easily done...Sorry, I'll butt out if there is something I am missing
not necessarily 'easily' and top properties are nothing like 'hotels'
some villas rent rooms, including for example at como shambhala estate
aman is also about excursions, and can have very particular kind of service
also locations of some of the properties, including amans and perhaps soori

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 4, 2016 at 4:08 pm
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Why not just rent a massive private villa with staff? For the money a lot of you are talking about for these hotels, that can be easily done...

Sorry, I'll butt out if there is something I am missing
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Why not just rent a massive private villa with staff? For the money a lot of you are talking about for these hotels, that can be easily done...

Sorry, I'll butt out if there is something I am missing
Have you ever stayed at an Aman or any of their villas ?

Should be at one to experience what all luxury hotels / villas should be like , if not at Amanusa / Dari or a Kila suite . Perhaps try the villas at Amanpulo / Puri or N'oi

You are " missing it " actually , as Kage has replied you too .
Even COMO & some others ( Alila, Legian .. ) but their service still isn't on par with Amans ( some may have Aman trained staff so maybe ok )
For now , Aman is still ahead but who knows with the changes happening & with dwindling " pioneers " around .
It will be a real pity then for us all when the original Aman ethos wanes

Which private villas have you stayed at ?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Have you ever stayed at an Aman or any of their villas ?

Should be at one to experience what all luxury hotels / villas should be like , if not at Amanusa / Dari or a Kila suite . Perhaps try the villas at Amanpulo / Puri or N'oi

You are " missing it " actually , as Kage has replied you too .
Even COMO & some others ( Alila, Legian .. ) but their service still isn't on par with Amans ( some may have Aman trained staff so maybe ok )
For now , Aman is still ahead but who knows with the changes happening & with dwindling " pioneers " around .
It will be a real pity then for us all when the original Aman ethos wanes

Which private villas have you stayed at ?
N'oi is one of the few resorts where I feel a villa is not a necessity. I can be equally comfortable in one of the gorgeous Ocean Pool Pavilions. They lack a certain je ne sais quoi. Sure, living rooms are nice, as are the large private pools but Gathy didn't outdo himself on those, no? If any, the villa by the beach club is the one to book, but not really seeing a point. Whereas Puri is, after all these years, still ahead and in an entirely different league. The pools, the architecture, art and amenities.. hard to beat. Plus Puri is a very discriminating resort, so a villa does make sense. Service at any of the Aman villas cannot be compared to independent operations. New kids on the block like www.lecollectionist.com are big in Bali, but service and general standards remain a work-in-progress.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by scented
N'oi is one of the few resorts where I feel a villa is not a necessity. I can be equally comfortable in one of the gorgeous Ocean Pool Pavilions. They lack a certain je ne sais quoi. Sure, living rooms are nice, as are the large private pools but Gathy didn't outdo himself on those, no? If any, the villa by the beach club is the one to book, but not really seeing a point. Whereas Puri is, after all these years, still ahead and in an entirely different league. The pools, the architecture, art and amenities.. hard to beat. Plus Puri is a very discriminating resort, so a villa does make sense. Service at any of the Aman villas cannot be compared to independent operations. New kids on the block like www.lecollectionist.com are big in Bali, but service and general standards remain a work-in-progress.
^ +1
No need to stay even in a N'oi villa

Yes ! Was just intending to give DeepUnderground a better picture

Your post will certainly help the others who might be Aman or " luxury " novices / uninitiated ; that this forum addresses , that is luxury ( level ) we discuss here - i.e. not GH or IC generally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.