Advice for Christmas 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:33 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

Advice for Christmas 2017

Hi,

We were looking to plan a Christmas trip later this year. It seems like the Caribbean is sky high, but I'd like something there, Mexico, Central America or even South America.

Any tips on places that don't double or triple their prices? The Coppola Resorts have always seemed interesting.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:50 pm

Caribbean is out of control. Christmas is when the owners tend to flock to their villas, so availability is much more limited. Add to this that people tend to return to the same places year over year at Christmas and availability becomes even more limited.

Keep the cancellation times in mind. Many tend to book for the following year before leaving the property. The cancellation polices vary but generally six month out and then three months out people will cancel and one or two rooms free up.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
How about these ?
Buenos Aires - Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt
Iguazu - Belmond Hotel das Cataratas

We stayed at both this past Advent , not sure if these rates are available to you or if mark ups
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:17 am
Suspended

Christmas is the moment where people meet time to enjoy after their hectic work schedule. I will recommend you to book your resort, villa or hotel online in advance.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
How about these ?
Buenos Aires - Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt
Iguazu - Belmond Hotel das Cataratas

We stayed at both this past Advent , not sure if these rates are available to you or if mark ups
Don't forget that USA passports require the Argentina reciprocity fee ($160 if not paid previously) and a Braizilian visa (about $160 plus photos, mailing fees, and visa service agency fees if you can't go to a consulate in person).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.