The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:36 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by PapaNico
Anybody has information about the opening of Four Seasons Montreal?
2019.... by June is what I heard.
Interesting location next to high end department store and a "gentleman's club"
awful place for a residence
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:57 pm

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by ABG
Interesting location next to high end department store and a "gentleman's club"
awful place for a residence
That is Montreal to you! haha!
The location seems nice for a week-end in town though, but I would say for residences the Ritz-Carlton has a better location.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:41 am

Lubosh BARTA now (pre-) & opening GM of Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok at Chao Phraya River, effective immediately... seems to be quite his thing, getting properties on track. Will be interesting to see!

Now we shall see who will follow in Seoul.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Lubosh BARTA now (pre-) & opening GM of Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok at Chao Phraya River, effective immediately... seems to be quite his thing, getting properties on track. Will be interesting to see!

Now we shall see who will follow in Seoul.
I think he and his family missed Thailand. Too many Seoul winters!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:00 am

Three weeks - 3 Four Seasons

1. FS Sultanahmet - Istanbul - lovely hotel and great location for sightseeing - room very comfortable but not as booked, we were stuck at the end of the ground floor corridor with one small window looking up to the garden. They had two weddings over 3 days so presume those guests got the better rooms plus it stopped afternoon and evening access to the garden and restaurant. No welcome drink, no towels and on return from sightseeing on second day asked if we were staying there although they allow non guests into the hotel.

2. FS First Residence - Cairo - still no welcome drink or towels but much friendlier reception. Lovely upgraded room with views over Zoo and Pyramids in the distance. Excellent service and food.

3. FS Nile Plaza - Cairo - no welcome drink or towels and had to request to be shown to the room which was as booked and very comfortable. Service otherwise was good as was breakfast selection. The 8 Restaurant was excellent.

Not overly impressed with the brand but I think the best choice in Cairo.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:44 pm

FS Baku, Azerbaijan.

Absolutely stunning from inside out. Service was 5+. Food was great. Location unbeatable - next to the entrance to the Old CIty. You can get a room with a view of the Old CIty or a view of the Caspian Sea.
Highly, highly suggest to make a stop in Baku if you travel through or near Caucuses.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Green_eyes
FS Baku, Azerbaijan.

Absolutely stunning from inside out. Service was 5+. Food was great. Location unbeatable - next to the entrance to the Old CIty. You can get a room with a view of the Old CIty or a view of the Caspian Sea.
Highly, highly suggest to make a stop in Baku if you travel through or near Caucuses.
Have always wanted to make it to that region. Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:27 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Cyan123
Three weeks - 3 Four Seasons

1. FS Sultanahmet - Istanbul - lovely hotel and great location for sightseeing - room very comfortable but not as booked, we were stuck at the end of the ground floor corridor with one small window looking up to the garden. They had two weddings over 3 days so presume those guests got the better rooms plus it stopped afternoon and evening access to the garden and restaurant. No welcome drink, no towels and on return from sightseeing on second day asked if we were staying there although they allow non guests into the hotel.

2. FS First Residence - Cairo - still no welcome drink or towels but much friendlier reception. Lovely upgraded room with views over Zoo and Pyramids in the distance. Excellent service and food.

3. FS Nile Plaza - Cairo - no welcome drink or towels and had to request to be shown to the room which was as booked and very comfortable. Service otherwise was good as was breakfast selection. The 8 Restaurant was excellent.

Not overly impressed with the brand but I think the best choice in Cairo.
Bizarre welcome procedures I have to say.

We also didn't have a welcome drink at FS Koh Samui (but other arriving guests did).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

FS Dubai at Jumeirah Beach

A blotched welcome but provided drinks in the lobby up to room. No wet towels.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Have always wanted to make it to that region. Thanks!
If you have any questions - please feel free to ask. We made it not only to Baku, but to the mountain villages such as Sheki, Lagich, Lekit, Nij. There are still thousand years olds Albanian churches intact and working. But Baku itself is amazing city, very safe and very clean and hospitality level is just amazing. Oh, and FOOD!
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:07 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Are FSPP agents able to book FS offers and combine with normal benefits? Looking at FS Lanai ‘Discover Lanai’ package. $200-400/day activity credit at BAR. Combined with FSPP this is might make me eat my words about the hotel being too overpriced..
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:09 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Are FSPP agents able to book FS offers and combine with normal benefits? Looking at FS Lanai ‘Discover Lanai’ package. $200-400/day activity credit at BAR. Combined with FSPP this is might make me eat my words about the hotel being too overpriced..

yes, we can book that and still extend the FSPP Amenities. Perfectly normal.

The "Love Lanai" (unlimited activities) promotion used to be only about $250++ more per night (covering 2 guests per room) and it was a fantastic value for guests/families that really took advantage of it.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
No, you were right and still are right; even then at some discount, FS Lanai still would be overpriced.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:17 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
5th night free stay longer promo is open for most of Q1
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:26 pm

Yes we are staying in BA they have stay 3 nights 4 Th free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.