Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: CX MPC
Originally Posted by scented
Maybe you should ask him

I think if they continue to use branding without permission, at least FS would keep its integrity, although they cannot do much about it, presumably. I would really hate to think there was some sort of agreement (to avoid sanctions), considering the current owner of the property.... but seeing that many of current team members list "Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts" as their official employer on platforms like LinkedIn really makes me wonder what is going on. Everything seems as though nothing ever happened and FS just dropped the property from the official website.

Really curious...
I think the Damascus property should still has some links with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts.
On linkedin, I saw an employee transfered from the Damascus property to Four Seasons Anguila in 2020.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by ppppewang
I think the Damascus property should still has some links with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts.
On linkedin, I saw an employee transfered from the Damascus property to Four Seasons Anguila in 2020.
My fears exactly... really odd they no longer list the property officially, but most key staff hasn't changed. Which isn't unusual when a property changes management, even GMs tend to stay on from time to time, but what I find odd is that most employees seem to believe they are still connected "to the mothership"... who knows, if they are.

Really strange.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
https://press.fourseasons.com/news-r...allorca-spain/

Any thoughts on this project in Mallorca?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Valveking

Mallorca is not really a luxury destination so far and is very popular with German and British package tourists. Park Hyatt tried and failed with their owner and a comparable project, also off the beaten track.

I think it can work and Four Seasons as a brand attracts a global clientele, though staffing will be a headache initially. I suspect there will be some synergies with FS Madrid. Bit of an interesting owner they found there for Mallorca...

Interesting they have chosen Gilles and Boissier, so we know what to expect -- likely they are already robbing a marble quarry for the project
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Valveking

It's a traditional hotel. A problem could be the location. While it seems the hotel offers one of the nicest hotel beaches at the island it's quite remote. Also especially at night or during high season the drive is not the most convenient. If someone wants to do a cultural or food vacation (what's not unlikely in this level) I wouldn't recommend it because of the location.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
Mallorca is not really a luxury destination so far
Yes and no. Beside the package tourist there is a market of high end properties with crazy prices. Examples are La Residencia, Cap Rocat and Castello Son Vida.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Charlie Palmer Steakhouse in LV closed permanently?

I'm hearing that the Charlie Palmer Steakhouse in the LV Four Seasons has closed permanently. Other than the obvious, does anybody know what happened? When Robuchon closed L'Atelier in FS NYC, it changed, downward, the whole dynamic of the hotel.

I'm afraid this will be the case with FS LV without this restaurant.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 5:56 am

2 new FS Hotels signed

Four Seasons just signed a contract to open a new hotel in Tel Aviv-Jaffa... https://www.ynetnews.com/business/article/r19FI03ru ... with 600 rooms..? How awful if it is really that big.

In that regard, the upcoming Four Seasons Osaka sounds marvellous, which is being developed by HPL and a Japanese local partner and sounds like the right hotel (and size) for Osaka.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
mike_la_jolla Indeed Charlie Palmers is closed permanently.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:45 am

4S Maui Prices

Has anyone noticed that the prices at the 4S Maui have gone way up? I had a trip booked in March 2021 that was canceled due to COVID and had booked an ocean view room for about $1300 USD/night with a $50 daily resort credit. I’m looking at March 2022 dates and the same room is $1650 USD/night without any credit.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jashah
Has anyone noticed that the prices at the 4S Maui have gone way up? I had a trip booked in March 2021 that was canceled due to COVID and had booked an ocean view room for about $1300 USD/night with a $50 daily resort credit. I’m looking at March 2022 dates and the same room is $1650 USD/night without any credit.
Ummm... newsflash literally everything is Hawaii has gone up. It's one of the highest in demand destinations right now. Are you reading the news at all?

Regards
Old May 16, 2021, 9:22 am

Yes, I’m aware. Just surprised rates are so high next spring. I think demand in Hawaii will be very high throughout the rest of the year. Just wondering if people think that will continue into 2022 as the rest of the world (hopefully) opens up.
Old May 16, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Yes, I think we are going to see prices up 30% or more for the next two years. The entire population of the world wants to go on vacation and has not been able to spend any money on vacations for over a year.

Airline and hotel points will be devalued, car rental costs will be astronomical, and particularly luxury properties prices will go up because this is the segment of the population which has been able to continue to work/and or benefited from rising asset values.

I am booking trips out as far as possible, 360 for flights, a year for hotels, and two years for cruises.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by zakami
mike_la_jolla Indeed Charlie Palmers is closed permanently.
That's a shame. It was my second favorite steakhouse in Vegas, after Botero at the Encore, which also closed a few years ago. Oh, well, there is no shortage of good ones (I guess my bronze medal goes to Craftsteak at MGM Grand) and we can look forward to a fresh concept at the Four Seasons.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jashah
Yes, I’m aware. Just surprised rates are so high next spring. I think demand in Hawaii will be very high throughout the rest of the year. Just wondering if people think that will continue into 2022 as the rest of the world (hopefully) opens up.
There are reports of base rooms at the Andaz Maui going for ~$1600 per night right now. The Andaz is most definitely not the Four Seasons. There are reports of people renting U-Hauls and Home Depot trucks because there are not enough rental cars. I've seen car rentals recently quoted @ ~$10,000 (yes, 10K) per week. Businesses literally hemorrhaged money over the past year and they are absolutely trying to "make hay while the sun shines."

So with the above context, what motivation does the Four Season's have to offer lower rates, a year from now? There is zero benefit to them doing that. They can keep rates high and some people will book them. As we get closer in time, if they have not sold the rooms they can simply lower the price until they fill the rooms. There is no benefit, whatsoever, to them in extending you a rate you'd like that far in advance. They can absolutely afford to wait.

Regards
offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.