Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turks & Caicos ex. Amanyara and Parrot Cay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Turks & Caicos ex. Amanyara and Parrot Cay

Interested in everyone's thoughts on where there are any other luxury options in Turks & Caicos aside from Amanyara and Parrot Cay (deem these not ideal when traveling with young kids). Finding it hard to differentiate among the remaining options. To calibrate, I have had nice stays in the past at the Gansevoort and West Bay Club but wouldn't call them luxury (mainly on reactive service, lack of comprehensive amenities). Curious if Somerset, Grace Bay Club, Seven Stars, or others are a step up. Priorities are a great beach (which of course they all have), a beautiful and warm (heated) pool, nice rooms and acceptable service and food.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:12 am
Suspended

Regent Palms is perfect for families plus it has the best spa on the island. The beach is amazing, too.

Grace Bay Club would work as well!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:26 am
Suspended

p.s., I wouldn't be so quick to discount Parrot Cay. I've sent families there - quite often, really - who've loved it.

But yeah....Grace Bay and Regents are your best bet!!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, ALL Limitless, Amex Platinum
I just had a quick look at Regent Palms, but the booking engine says the children must be over 12 years old.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 5mSvGlow
I just had a quick look at Regent Palms, but the booking engine says the children must be over 12 years old.
Ah, the problems of using a booking engine to take care of a trip worth thousands....
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Ah, the problems of using a booking engine to take care of a trip worth thousands....
Know any good TAs?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:11 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Know any good TAs?
if only the reply had a link to a webpage/blog/contact details that could help

To answer 5mSvGlow properly as it should be here on FT, I think you looked too quickly. Children aged 12 and under are priced as such for Regent Palms (both under Regent's site and their own regentpalmstci.com)
Worked for me to book using their site. They recently launched a soft season "All Inclusive" promotion.

The OP could add Grace Bay Club into their research too
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:20 pm
bbd

Here is an agent I am using for my trip in 2 weeks. I am staying at the Regent Palms, but not bringing our kid. The wife and I need a vacation.

Dawn Perry <[email protected]>

Avenue Travel Group ~ American Express
210 Main Street
Peapack-Gladstone, NJ 07977

908-966-5403
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Latest Amanyara deal:

Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Not sure how unusual it is, but it is being marketed as a 'deal':
this is 4th summer theyve done 5th nt free (etc)
http://www.amanresorts.com/amanyara/exclusives.aspx

cant find any photos of new >
http://www.amanresorts.com/amanyara/accommodation.aspx
Amanyara Pavilion is elevated above the waterline with dramatic views of the sea and offers a private T-shaped pool...glassed-in extension overlooking a natural garden, that serves as a cozy sitting room. A teak wood sala provides a viewing point for sunrise and sunsets...personalized service provided by a Pavilion host.
odd no mention of buggy, following mention host and buggy >
"deluxe pool pavilions" (2?) & "pool pavilion suite 2 bedroom" (2?)
(and villas mention cook and housekeeper and two buggies)
maybe Amanyara Pavilion has no room for oceanfront buggy parking

http://www.virtuoso.com/hotels/6164158/amanyara (hasnt updated categories)
Amanyara Pavilion includes a private pool and ocean view - this is the only unit with this feature (pool and ocean view)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 15, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
http://www.virtuoso.com/hotels/6164158/amanyara (hasnt updated categories)[/QUOTE]

Does the Season of Discovery stack with the Virtuoso upgrade or the FHR upgrade/massages amenities?
Old May 12, 2017, 4:19 pm

Any recent stays at Grace Bay Club. We are thinking of staying here because we have two teen boys- more things for them to do
Old May 13, 2017, 6:18 am

We were at Grace Bay Club about 18 months ago, family with 2 boys (11 and 12). Stayed in a 1 BR suite (which was spacious with a kitchen, nice terrace, IIRC the second bathroom had a seperate shower). Honestly we we were not really impressed with the resort in general. Lacks a bit of an exclusive, more secluded vibe. It's not a bad resort but my expectations were higher for the rates they charge. We would not return, there are far better options in the Caribbean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.