Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon - French Polynesia - Bora Bora and Tahaa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:04 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Me, too, especially when Monty Brown was GM.
I also loved Hotel Bora Bora and agree that Monty was a great GM
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone heard anything recently about hotel bora bora? i wonder whether aman is the majority owner. and perhaps if they could get permits for a few residences, like FS BB, maybe that would motivate them to reopen, and help cover reconstruction/operating costs.

if only we had known, could have all done a big FT aman DO at hotel bora bora before it closed (announced 4.5 months in advance)

also, anyone heard recent comments re ratua in vauatu ?

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
Personally I think how long you stay in those resorts is very personal
agreed, i can definitely imagine living at amanpulo, and renting luxury resort residences in maldives and bora bora, or yachts

Tia Moana
wish it was still around, one of their last cruises may have been to Tuamotus

ordering fresh coconuts
or having them served in morning fresh from tree

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 28, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Any experiences in Rangiroa? Am planning a 1 night stay at the Hoshino Resorts property after Bora Bora and before flying out of PPT. Have been told the diving/snorkeling is amazing and out of this world
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Any experiences in Rangiroa? Am planning a 1 night stay at the Hoshino Resorts property after Bora Bora and before flying out of PPT. Have been told the diving/snorkeling is amazing and out of this world
I was unaware that a Japanese group, Hoshino, had taken over the Sofitel Kia Ora on Rangiroa. Sofitel had run this place for years and upgraded it every so often. The island is beautiful and there is excellent snorkelling, drift snorkelling and diving (I don't dive myself). You can watch mantas from the jetty. However, three important things to note: (1) the hotel lacks a proper beach as the main beach was destroyed in a cyclone many years ago and has never re-generated itself. (2) The best thing to do here is the excursion to the Blue Lagoon - a stunning area at the far side of the atoll and this involves a whole day. (3) Because of this, it's pointless to fly up here for just one day.

We prefer Tikehau anyway.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:18 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Second the Blue Lagoon on Rangiroa. Even though it's been a long time since I was there, this is one day trip that I still remember with pleasure. Definitely do not just stay one night there, I'd say 2-3. The couple I went with liked the Blue Lagoon trip so much, they did it twice!
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Pausanias
(2) The best thing to do here is the excursion to the Blue Lagoon - a stunning area at the far side of the atoll and this involves a whole day. (3) Because of this, it's pointless to fly up here for just one day.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Second the Blue Lagoon on Rangiroa. Even though it's been a long time since I was there, this is one day trip that I still remember with pleasure. Definitely do not just stay one night there, I'd say 2-3. The couple I went with liked the Blue Lagoon trip so much, they did it twice!
Unfortunately for me HNL flights to PPT are only once a week, and the rest of the trip is taken up by Bora Bora. I do have 2 full days and 1 night in Rangiroa (earliest flight leaving BOB, overnight, and latest flight to PPT). Sounds like something simple like the Hotel Maitai is a better choice? The other Chase travel portal choices the Kia Ora and Tikehau Pearl are up to the $700s now for my dates...
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:14 am

msp3 - I would definitely try the Maitai - it's a third of the price of the Kia Ora, looks as if it still has a proper beach and offers the full range of lagoon trips. Very often these locally run places are better bets than the international resorts. You can probably expect more of a French clientele at the Maitai whereas the Kia Ora might be mainly Japanese. I'm currently planning on a trip to the Marquesas and also a stay on Huahine at the Maitai.
FlyerEC and msp3 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.