Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:55 pm

If I were you, I would fly into HK, then directly transfer to Phuket or Koh Samui. The CX lounge in HK is great and with lie flat beds on the flight and shower facilities on the ground, the flight is pretty comfortable. You will run into the rainy season in most places around that time of year so pick Phuket or Koh Samui based on which hotel offers the best rate. Relax on the beach for a few days, then head to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat for 2 nights (since you will get templed out by the 3rd day). Amansara is probably the best choice for Siem Reap but you also pay for it. If budget is constrained, I would spend more on the beach hotels than here since you will likely be out and about checking out the temples. Finally, head back to HK for another 3-4 nights. Head out to Lantau to see the big buddha and Tai O fishing village. Shop till you drop. And have the best Cantonese cuisine you will find anywhere. This way, you get to experience 3 different cultures and 3 different cuisines on your trip. Bangkok is nice but I would drop it since it doesn't offer much on top of these 3 places.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:12 am
Original Poster

We are definitely looking to end the Honeymoon on the beach.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:29 pm

Well for starters if you are looking for something more relaxed you could consider going to Krabi instead of Phuket. Even better would suggest going to one of the islands instead.

Consider going to the eastern region in Thailand where you have Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Ko Tao.

If you want to go slightly off-beat consider going to the island of Koh Lipe. I was there a couple of years ago, the beaches there are out of the world. Getting there might be a slight task though.

I just realised I might have made this a little overwhelming, you can read up more on the islands in thailand here: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-b...-for-Honeymoon

Last edited by RichardInSF; Feb 12, 2017 at 11:40 pm Reason: Eliminate lengthy requote of original post
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by suhaibansari
Well for starters if you are looking for something more relaxed you could consider going to Krabi instead of Phuket. Even better would suggest going to one of the islands instead.

Consider going to the eastern region in Thailand where you have Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Ko Tao.

If you want to go slightly off-beat consider going to the island of Koh Lipe. I was there a couple of years ago, the beaches there are out of the world. Getting there might be a slight task though.

I just realised I might have made this a little overwhelming, you can read up more on the islands in thailand here: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-b...-for-Honeymoon
You do realize you're responding to a 2 year old post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.