AMANGIRI

Map| 12 Reviews | 42% Recommended

AMANGIRI

1 Kayenta Road Utah, UT US 84741-285

Amangiri (Utah) (0 Photo)

AMANGIRI

Short Review

Stayed four nights in a mesa view room.
I agree with gemmablonds review, though for me I didn't find the place noisy.
Amangiri felt isolated and otherworldly, like going back in time a million years. A great place to write or "find yourself."

My biggest negative was the slow service while dining. To get a refill on your ice tea always seemed to be a big deal. For me, lunch/dinner was a drawn out affair. Much too long to get through a meal.

Positives: Location, feeling of "getting away," quality of food, the indoor/outdoor quality of the rooms & view.

Regarding the architecture, I could see how it could be polarizing. Its extreme without fault. Only in a few non-essential places did I feel the concrete was too much, but overall commend Amangiri for not watering it down. IMHO, the spa waiting area was an example of where the concrete was overwhelming & exuded some coldness. Also, with some of the lighting combined with the concrete, images of a concentration camp might bubble up. But, overall, the architecture/decorum gets an A in my book.

Activities: Off property hike, vera ferrata, & off road slot canyon tour. All
excellent.

Spa: I did the 3 day "Spa Journey." The spa did a great job arranging my treatments, so I didn't feel rushed while doing off resort activities,etc..
All the treatments were excellent, but I'm not a spa junkie either. A massage followed by 30 minutes in the floatation tank, was the most interesting.

Amangiri (Utah)

Would you like to write a review on the AMANGIRI?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.