Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Trip report: Hotel Americano, New York City

Hotel Americano

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hotel Americano

518 W 27th St New York, NY US 10001

Trip report: Hotel Americano, New York City (0 Photo)

Hotel Americano

Spent two nights in a Suite at this new hotel (first for Grupohabita in North America) located in the gallery district of West Chelsea with easy access to the new High Line park.

Arrival

Arrived early expecting to have lunch before the room was ready. I was greeted by friendly front desk staff and was told the room was ready at 1:30 pm and they had an upgrade for me to a very nice suite, number 75. Nice! I had only one bag so declined the help of a bellman and made my way past an inviting lobby, up to the suite.

Room

The key has a metal stick that needs to be inserted into a portal in the wall that turns all your lights on and off. Once inserted, you can control the lights with dimmers for the many lighting features in the suite. The room looks amazing either at night or if you close the black out shades during the day to achieve the look. The floors are polished concrete, a large area rug (I think felt???) is in the living area, the bed is in a wood cube (floor, walls, and ceiling are all wood) with the mattress on the floor, Lights, phone and storage space in the floor next to the bed are all in your cube. Bed was super comfortable, with great sheets, and four large pillows and I slept well. I-pad was provided with all the bells and whistle’s pre loaded, great selection of music and free wi-fi that worked great. In the living space a nice sofa, lounge chair, and a bio ethanol fireplace that hangs from the ceiling. A large closet provided plenty of storage along with a mini bar and safe so all you belongings can be hidden from view. Bathroom: Sliding door leaves you an open floor plan or the only means for privacy. Lots of large white towels, gray marble, a very small sink with little storage space(but you can use the stool under the sink to place things) or surfaces to put your things down on. Suite has soaking tub/shower, and the wall was of glass that you could see through. Toilet was unique as it was very high off the ground and they provided a wooden step stool for those who did not want their feet to dangle(LOL)

Service

Everyone at the hotel treated me very well, All questions were addressed and any thing I needed assistance with was handled perfectly. Sometimes with high end design hotels they tend to forget to train the staff, but not here, everyone knows what they are doing and they do it well. Turn down service was done well, lights lowered, bed turned down, felt slippers placed out, amazing chocolates presented in a small box, no water provided unless you take it from the mini bar.

Dining

Food and beverage are this hotels group’s strong point along with great design. I ate brunch once, and breakfast twice. Each meal was handled by an excellent wait staff and all food was presented with style. The important thing is it all tasted great and the menu, display and aroma makes you want to order everything! The main dining room was the only place I ate food in but I did drink in the basement lounge, which on Saturday night had complimentary Mexican beer. Lots of space down here and a small fireplace is there for the coming winter nights. Also a roof top restaurant is open but seemed to be only serving drinks. The view here is perfect, with all of Manhattan spread out before you. Also up here is a small heated pool with very nice and unique sun loungers, either out in the full sun or undercover. You feel comfortable here to order a drink in the bar and walk around and enjoy it in any of the public areas, which are all so comfortable and inviting.

Overall

This hotel shines above all the other new hotels that have opened up downtown in the last few years and I will be very comfortable here for future stays.

Trip report: Hotel Americano, New York City

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Americano?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.