Reload this Page >

Siem Reap luxury hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Siem Reap luxury hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:20 pm

Anyone have any experience with Maison Polanka and the newly opened Mane Hariharalaya?

Unfortunately Amansara, Phum Baitang, The Beige, and Sala Lodges are sold out for my travel dates.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by bosmaury
Wondering if you've returned from your trip to Bensley Collection. I have tentatively reserved a room for NYE, but can't decide if the rooms are too trendy and claustrophobic.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Not returned from the trip but finished the stay! The rooms are beautiful and we didn't find them claustrophobic at all. The pool is a great size and there is a reasonable garden (at least, around our villa). Upstairs, the open-air seating area is a great place to relax as long as the weather is good (we had torrential rain so couldn't use it). The overall style is very Bill Bensley, which you either like or you don't! Service was good and I appreciate the work done by the Shinta Mani Foundation.

I would book via a Virtuoso agent on the standard rate, rather than the all-inclusive rate as there are better dining options available and tours are not expensive in Siem Reap.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by belsize77
Just wondering if anybody had been to Phum Baitang this year/recently. I am considering it for a couple of nights in November. I have been to Siem Reap about 15 years ago and stayed at the old Foreign Correspondents Club now the modernised FCC. We have seen the majority of noted temples before so won’t perhaps be out all day as we would be on a first visit. Would prefer something with more of a traditional/colonial feel. The PH seemed to be the no.1 choice after Aman (too expensive and don’t like the architecture) but that also looks quite modern. Would appreciate any advice.
Traditional Khmer is quite different to colonial so it depends on whether you are interested in both or just the latter. Raffles is supposed to be open by November, though there is always potential for delay. The Belmond may also be an option. I haven't been to Phum Baitang recently but we have heard good feedback from clients and I don't see any recent changes in online reviews - what in particular did you want to know?

Also important is where you want to be - outside the city or within walking distance of restaurants etc. You would need to use transport from Phum Baitang but it can be a good place to relax.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:45 am

Kmer would also be ideal. I travel lots with work and just hate hotels where you could be anywhere. In some cases historical buildings are sensitively restored in the public areas but once in the rooms (however nice or luxurious) you could be in a hotel anywhere....not keen on tour groups or obvious conference facilities either.

The reviews are all still great. It was only really a query if the pool villas were worth it over the terrace villas. In the 2017 reviews here it was suggested that the planting was immature and that there wasn’t much difference in privacy other than the terrace villas were in pairs rather than standalone. I may have just misread this though.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by belsize77
Just wondering if anybody had been to Phum Baitang this year/recently. I am considering it for a couple of nights in November. I have been to Siem Reap about 15 years ago and stayed at the old Foreign Correspondents Club now the modernised FCC. We have seen the majority of noted temples before so won’t perhaps be out all day as we would be on a first visit. Would prefer something with more of a traditional/colonial feel. The PH seemed to be the no.1 choice after Aman (too expensive and don’t like the architecture) but that also looks quite modern. Would appreciate any advice.
belsize77 I was at PB for 5 nights in June.

Here is my post on it: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31420004-post9.html

Suffice to say, we LOVED it.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:49 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Any recent reports for the Jaya or Viroths?
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:43 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Houminer
Any recent reports for the Jaya or Viroths?
I stayed at Jaya in May 2023. The service and food there was fantastic, it was my first stay there and I thought the rooms were just OK. Met the GM and I believe owner, Christian, on arrival and he sat down and had a little chat, he runs a great property and is present if needed.

Have never stayed at Viroths.

Personally my favorite SR property (excluding Amansara) is Phum Baitang. I really like the villas and the whole property is just very peaceful. Yes it is out of town but the ride is only like 10 minutes.
FlyerEC, scented and Houminer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.