Reload this Page >

Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:44 pm

We just come back from FS at Ten Trinity Square.

We tried the online check-in, and even if we were arriving early the hotel managed to have our room ready by 10am. We initially saw room #315 which belongs to the superior category. It felt dark and really small with poor insulation from corridor noise. Despite natural light -which is always nice- the bathroom was quite basic (no separate bathtub and shower stall).

So we asked to see which other categories were available. We were shown a grand heritage suite (so far only 3 out of the 10 heritage suites are finished, they plan to have all available by September). It was grand in all means. Located at ground floor it had very high ceilings, beautiful bedroom, nice living room with a fireplace and plenty of space. Yet no wow factor so we ended up with premier room #135.

Ceiling is higher on floor #1 than floor #3. Thus windows are bigger and with 2 instead of 1 it makes the premier room much more airy and bright than the superior room. The bathroom was also much nicer with a separate shower and a bathtub in front of the window. No view so to speak but the rooms facing Seething Lane are still the best as there is a small garden and opposite buildings (Apex City of London) are a bit further away. If this is important for you pick a room with odd number from #125 to #141 on the first floor or #325 (1-bedroom deluxe suite), #327 (deluxe room), #339 and #341 on the third floor.

We had lunch at Mei Ume, their Asian restaurant. Dim sum were excellent and the Sichuan chicken I had was absolutely fantastic. Breakfast is served until 10am at La Dame de Pic. You can choose Continental, American, healthy or Japanese à la carte. After 10am you can still have something but it will be in la Rotunda. Afternoon tea is everything you can expect, no surprise here.

The gym is nice yet a bit dark, and the 14m long swimming pool is great. There is also a nice vitality pool but the water was too cold to enjoy it.

These are the floor plans.

Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:48 pm

Premier room #135

And the pool which is smaller than the one at the Bvlgari but still beautiful!

Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
We just come back from FS at Ten Trinity Square.

We tried the online check-in, and even if we were arriving early the hotel managed to have our room ready by 10am. We initially saw room #315 which belongs to the superior category. It felt dark and really small with poor insulation from corridor noise. Despite natural light -which is always nice- the bathroom was quite basic (no separate bathtub and shower stall).

So we asked to see which other categories were available. We were shown a grand heritage suite (so far only 3 out of the 10 heritage suites are finished, they plan to have all available by September). It was grand in all means. Located at ground floor it had very high ceilings, beautiful bedroom, nice living room with a fireplace and plenty of space. Yet no wow factor so we ended up with premier room #135.

Ceiling is higher on floor #1 than floor #3. Thus windows are bigger and with 2 instead of 1 it makes the premier room much more airy and bright than the superior room. The bathroom was also much nicer with a separate shower and a bathtub in front of the window. No view so to speak but the rooms facing Seething Lane are still the best as there is a small garden and opposite buildings (Apex City of London) are a bit further away. If this is important for you pick a room with odd number from #125 to #141 on the first floor or #325 (1-bedroom deluxe suite), #327 (deluxe room), #339 and #341 on the third floor.

We had lunch at Mei Ume, their Asian restaurant. Dim sum were excellent and the Sichuan chicken I had was absolutely fantastic. Breakfast is served until 10am at La Dame de Pic. You can choose Continental, American, healthy or Japanese à la carte. After 10am you can still have something but it will be in la Rotunda. Afternoon tea is everything you can expect, no surprise here.

The gym is nice yet a bit dark, and the 14m long swimming pool is great. There is also a nice vitality pool but the water was too cold to enjoy it.

These are the floor plans.
Hope they didn't really try to put you in a Superior Room!! The Premier looks much better...

How was service for you? Hope you had a nice London sojourn.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Hope they didn't really try to put you in a Superior Room!! The Premier looks much better...

How was service for you? Hope you had a nice London sojourn.
They offered a superior room because we checked in early, waiting for a premier room to be available. Service from doormen, reception desk and restaurant staff was very good, only spa reception was not so great (they did not check when we were supposed to leave so my initial appointment was too late). It was a relaxing stay with nothing special to take care of, so our expectations and needs were easy to meet I guess
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
They offered a superior room because we checked in early, waiting for a premier room to be available. Service from doormen, reception desk and restaurant staff was very good, only spa reception was not so great (they did not check when we were supposed to leave so my initial appointment was too late). It was a relaxing stay with nothing special to take care of, so our expectations and needs were easy to meet I guess
Very glad to hear that! Hope Anjana is able to get the Spa up to speed...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

always helpful photos Pierre&Cédric!

seems only exec have no view
3rd 3 + 0 + 6 + 1 = 10
2nd = 8?
1st 2 + 6 + 6 + 2 = 16
but presidential seems same..

corner rooms are what category

interesting >
117 / 133
2 blanks on 1st

12 superior are shower only or combination

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 2, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
corner rooms are what category
I believe they are deluxe rooms except #325 which is the (only) 1-bedroom deluxe suite.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I could do without the frosted glass by the tub in the Premier Room.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The exec room 220 that I was in had a view into an interior courtyard from its large single window but it looks like the room is noticeably larger than the Premier room. Based on the room map, the second floor has no suites on it. I am glad that Pierre&Cedric didn't have the service problems that I did!

I do not understand the tendency to make therapy pools just be warm, not hot. The "vitality" pool would have been a LOT nicer had it been hot (and had it not broken down during my use) but I have run into this problem at the Park Hyatt NY too. The sauna in the pool area was of good size but also was not hot enough for me, and I'm a total wimp when it comes to saunas!

Note that if you order the Chinese breakfast through room service (like I did one day), it is not prepared by the Chinese restaurant but by the regular room service kitchen. I thought it mediocre in taste, although it included a lot of food.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 3, 2017 at 7:19 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

weak temperatures lately are odd, perhaps new environmental/liability factors

wonder if one can request restaurant menu items as room service

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
exec room 220 that I was in...Based on the room map, the second floor has no suites
suites >
9 on ground floor (no rooms on floor)
2 on 3rd floor

if you photographed room map, might you post it? can attach directly to posts now under advanced / additional options.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 4, 2017 at 10:55 am
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: points traveller
anyone been back, or anyone new stayed recently? with a 3rd night free promo currently running (direct mind you, FHR & Virtuoso still not released it appears) i'm tempted for a biz trip at the end of the month.

TIA
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
anyone been back, or anyone new stayed recently? with a 3rd night free promo currently running (direct mind you, FHR & Virtuoso still not released it appears) i'm tempted for a biz trip at the end of the month.

TIA
I wrote about it here and there has been quite a bit of discussion around it on over London Luxury Hotel

If it's on business and you need to be in that part of London there is no better place to stay.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:07 am

Hope Charlie Parker is back soon and hopefully well recovered from his knee surgery... leading the hotel to new heights.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:43 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diningdecadence

TIA
When I look at the hotel's web page, this third night free promotion shows it expired on Dec 29, 2017.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When I look at the hotel's web page, this third night free promotion shows it expired on Dec 29, 2017.
what page are you seeing that? (FS used to publish)

looking at reservations system its still loaded and showing

looking at source code of offer page >
validFrom="2018-01-07;" validTo="2018-04-08;

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.