Reload this Page >

Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:37 am

Could it be that Reignwood, the Chinese owner of the property, is pressuring FS to deliver a sizeable ROI?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
We're heading to FS Florence next week and if things are similar to Ten Trinity and Prague, I won't ever go to another FS again.
I would be extremely surprised if that happens. We had a few minor hiccups during our stay there and were extremly well compensated. Also, the GM, Mr. Cipollini is one of the most genuinely nice people I ever met.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Could it be that Reignwood, the Chinese owner of the property, is pressuring FS to deliver a sizeable ROI?
True, but won't be earning lots of money by forgetting the basics!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FHR is continental, not hotels
many do not negotiate/etc

is changing offers a new thing coming from corporate / owners ?
might be similar to adding new lower limits on highest upgrades

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 29, 2017 at 9:18 am
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Have you spoken to the GMs at respective properties?
Nope. Ten Trinity correspondence is with FoM and Hotel Manager. It seemed pointless based on their boilerplate responses to go any higher and expect any different.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I almost booked FS Trinity for my holiday. Then decided not to due to expected teething problem and location. Looks like it's the right choice.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seemed pointless based on their boilerplate responses to go any higher and expect any different.
many posts here report success from higher/corporate
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
many posts here report success from higher/corporate
It frustrates me to pay so much money and have to resort to corporate if the hotel staff + GM is being intransigent. I can understand MacMyDay wanting to wash his hands of the whole ordeal.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
It frustrates me to pay so much money and have to resort to corporate if the hotel staff + GM is being intransigent. I can understand MacMyDay wanting to wash his hands of the whole ordeal.
that is separate discussion from "expect any different"

could use more discussion of where the line may be on not getting what one is paying for

and are there more negative changes at FS and others recently ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 1, 2017 at 6:22 am
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:06 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Not in my experience. I was hoping to go back to Ten Trinity a few weeks ago now that their suites are open, but after my rather eventful opening night experience, they have refused to honour their own agreement and to upgrade me to one from an Executive (i.e. the one category down from a suite). They offered an upgrade from Superior to Executive, which I said wasn't what we agreed and wasn't what I wanted. Their counter offer was to offer free breakfast if I booked a suite. I mentioned I could get that for free with any FHR/Virtuoso/FSPP booking, plus they'd have to pay 10-15% commission, and I'd get other benefits too. So they just retracted the offer and went back to the original offer. I refer this to my own business, where a client would complain; it would be like me offering them £200 compensation, only for them to say it's not enough, so I offer them £70 compensation or something that is in fact worthless, for them to say it's even worse, and then go back to the original offer.

At FS Prague they never even responded to our feedback.

We're heading to FS Florence next week and if things are similar to Ten Trinity and Prague, I won't ever go to another FS again.
Welcome to the party of reality that FS often isn't quite all that it's cracked up to be as so many FTers crave...to remember. Just as Aman has changed, so has FS--and not for the better IME.

I suggest you take a night or two in Florence to also try the StR Florence (same owner as the FS Florence) and then share your thoughts. It would help if you had elite status with Starwood like I do, but I'm happy to put in a good word for you!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Really puts into perspective my joy of using points for free stays or paying for entry level rooms at comparable or near-comparable luxury hotels--and then almost always getting upgraded to beautiful and spacious suites because of my elite status, not to mention getting amazing service (and tremendous service recovery when things do go awry).

And somehow my experiences almost always turn out to be as good as or much better than when we spent tons of money on suites at disappointing and lackluster FS, MO, and other such properties. Remember: everyone claims these places are so worth the price because of their amazing service. But far too often, it doesn't sound amazing at all to me.

There's a reason FS is going to introduce a loyalty program...but it still doesn't sound like they're on the right path to me.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:24 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The GM, Charlie Parker, did come to see me at departure. He did seem distressed at what had happened and genuinely wants to run a good hotel. Still seems more like a soft opening to me. As if to prove it, when I was on my way out of the hotel, I opened one of the hallway doors and it fell off! That was just plain funny.

Still with this level of service issues, the hotel is not worth what would be its normal rack rates, not even close.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The GM, Charlie Parker, did come to see me at departure. He did seem distressed at what had happened and genuinely wants to run a good hotel. Still seems more like a soft opening to me. As if to prove it, when I was on my way out of the hotel, I opened one of the hallway doors and it fell off! That was just plain funny.

Still with this level of service issues, the hotel is not worth what would be its normal rack rates, not even close.

Comedy of errors. So bad I guess you just have to laugh it off?

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 1, 2017 at 5:25 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Welcome to the party of reality that FS often isn't quite all that it's cracked up to be as so many FTers crave...to remember. Just as Aman has changed, so has FS--and not for the better IME.

I suggest you take a night or two in Florence to also try the StR Florence (same owner as the FS Florence) and then share your thoughts. It would help if you had elite status with Starwood like I do, but I'm happy to put in a good word for you!
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Really puts into perspective my joy of using points for free stays or paying for entry level rooms at comparable or near-comparable luxury hotels--and then almost always getting upgraded to beautiful and spacious suites because of my elite status, not to mention getting amazing service (and tremendous service recovery when things do go awry).

And somehow my experiences almost always turn out to be as good as or much better than when we spent tons of money on suites at disappointing and lackluster FS, MO, and other such properties. Remember: everyone claims these places are so worth the price because of their amazing service. But far too often, it doesn't sound amazing at all to me. Even the traditional / older ones can drop in standard over time.

There's a reason FS is going to introduce a loyalty program...but it still doesn't sound like they're on the right path to me.

Could it be that luxury hotel stay experience ( both hardware and software combine ) is gradually a thing of the past? More and more hotels especially newly opened ones might have great hardware but they often falters at the software side of thing.

In my long vacation, I went thru 7 European cities and trying out 6 new hotels in the process, only the Ritz in Paris managed to truly impress me ( granted it's also the most expensive ). The rest just range from Good to acceptable and a few quite bad. I guess the problem is that luxury hotel do not need deliver outstanding quality that we come to expect, they just need to deliver what competitors in same locality can deliver at the same price point more or less.

So unless I am quite convince a hotel can deliver a really good experience, it makes sense to book one of the chains in the event it doesn't turn out well, it's also not going to be too costly.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BENLEE
I guess the problem is that luxury hotel do not need deliver outstanding quality that we come to expect, they just need to deliver what competitors in same locality can deliver at the same price point more or less.

So unless I am quite convince a hotel can deliver a really good experience, it makes sense to book one of the chains in the event it doesn't turn out well, it's also not going to be too costly.
Agreed. Service recovery is something they can choose to do if they care (or not). The new modus operandi seems to be listening for feedback, thanking for the feedback and leaving it at that.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 1, 2017 at 9:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.