Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:34 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Shanghai Ifc 8 Century Rd Shanghai, CN 200120

The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong (0 Photo)

My clear choice in Pudong is the new Ritz-Carlton Pudong. My site inspection of the hotel took place immediately after checking into my room at the Park Hyatt but before getting much of a chance to explore my room (see that review immediately below). The comparison was striking. The RC has significantly larger rooms, more natural light in the room, and was designed with a brighter color palette of tans, golds, and reds.

RC Pudong has the same owner and designer as the RC Hong Kong. The bathrooms feature the deepest bathtubs I have ever seen; the hotel features its own exclusively designed soaking tubs in which guests can sit with full back support, submerged, looking out at the view. Bathrooms have dual vanities and rain showers.

Room

For a real WOW, book a Premier Bund Suite. These rooms are at the corner of the building that looks directly out towards the bend of the Bund, and you have a commanding view from your King bed.

Although not as tall as the Park Hyatt, the views were superior. There are no buildings blocking the view from the Ritz-Carlton to the Bund, and there is a better perspective on the view from the hotel's guest rooms (which occupy floors 39-52).

Amenities

The Club Lounge is open 24 hours per day with its uninterrupted panoramic view. The hotel is located adjacent to the IFC shopping mall with every major luxury brand represented.

Would you like to write a review on the The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.