Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Hotel Arts Barcelona

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Calle Marina 19-21 Barcelona, ES 08005

Hotel Arts Barcelona (0 Photo)

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Originally built for the Barcelona Olympics in 1992, Hotel Arts is a Ritz-Carlton property in everything but name; due to the nuances of Spanish law, the company cannot use their trademark in Spain because of the existing Hotel Ritz in Madrid. This is a beautiful high-rise hotel by the Mediterranean Sea in Barcelona, adjacent to the Olympic Harbor. This location that provides Hotel Arts with its most stunning feature — the views — but is also the one argument one could make to staying here; a taxi is required to get nearly everywhere in Barcelona.

A large property, high-rise property, we stayed in a Deluxe Club Room on the 32nd floor, one floor beneath the Club itself. (Club Rooms are located on floors 30-33). The Club Floors are a small boutique "hotel within a hotel" with its own check-in and check-out desk and concierges. Free WiFi is available within the Club Lounge (and I could access it from my room directly beneath the lounge — there are four such rooms: 3204, 05, 06, and 07). A staircase leading directly into the Club from the lower floors is a convenient feature (no need to wait for elevators). The Deluxe Room is large (about 500 square feet) with contemporary styling that alludes to Barcelona's art deco tradition. The rough textures of the fabric wall coverings running the length of the room contrasted well with the vertical "folds" in the wallpaper on the end walls of the room. The muted color scheme was attractively elegant. The bathroom provided a dual vanity, soaking tub, step-in shower, and a toilet behind a separate door. The lights, flat screen TV, and DVD/CD player were controlled by electronics that I could never quite figure out!

Room

I was shown a Seaview Suite (typical of suites found on floors 19-29), a corner room with 1.5 baths that faces the Sea and offers a southern view of the City as well. Book this room for a real WOW experience in Barcelona. Or, for an even more extravagant WOW, book one of the duplex Residences found on floors 34 and higher. I was shown a 2BR Residence with a City View, looking into the heart of Barcelona. At 250 square meters with 2 full baths upstairs and a powder room downstairs, this is the ultimate way to stay at Hotel Arts. Residences also come with the use of a Mini-Cooper convertible and 2 massages per suite - in addition to the regular Virtuoso and STARS amenities.

Service

The Club itself is a beautiful facility with five food presentations during the day including Champagne during the cocktail hour. Hotel Arts has a Six Senses Spa as well as an outdoor pool and jacuzzi (not heated).

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Arts Barcelona?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.