Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

68-1400 Mauna Lani Dr Kamuela, HI US 96743

Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows (0 Photo)

The Mauna Lani Bay Hotel has smaller rooms than the Orchid, and I thought the bathrooms could use some updating. However, this property has the better beach ... and has an "open-air" design that I found very appealing. There are no closed hallways; everything opens up to a central courtyard (click on the link for a picture).

Would you like to write a review on the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
The previews of this property look incredible. As well, being under Auberge would suggest that the have a chance to have exceptional food. Add to that a swimmable beach, this might be the new IT property. Does anyone have ideas when they will start taking reservations? Pricing?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems originally jan 2020 now nov 2019
38 suite and 5 villa/bungalow with pool
in past bungalow rates werent crazy

re orchid, interesting was originally RC

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 14, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Has anyone heard more about this property, they are putting a LOT of money in. We are going to check it out spring of 2020
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by mktozd
Has anyone heard more about this property, they are putting a LOT of money in. We are going to check it out spring of 2020
Ex-Four Seasons Sanjiv Hulugalle is opening GM there and he would not go to a bad resort, so this looks like it could be a real winner.
bhrubin and mktozd like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Ex-Four Seasons Sanjiv Hulugalle is opening GM there and he would not go to a bad resort, so this looks like it could be a real winner.
Interesting that Sanjiv has taken on this challenge, he is a splendid GM. Do you know why he had left FS? I believe Charlie Parker has big shoes to fill, but were FS not able to give him a great challenge?

Interesting that this resort is part of Auberge.
mktozd likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:00 am

We booked not one but two trips with many thanks to DavidO! We have been regulars at Hualalai for years and this seems like a new fantastic entry on the Big Island! Check out the pictures on-line.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by scented
Interesting that Sanjiv has taken on this challenge, he is a splendid GM. Do you know why he had left FS? I believe Charlie Parker has big shoes to fill, but were FS not able to give him a great challenge?

Interesting that this resort is part of Auberge.
Sanjiv left Four Seasons and was briefly tempted away by José Silva at Jumeirah, but as with most of the people who left FS for Jumeirah, he barely stayed for a couple of months.

He fell in love with Hawaii during his period with Four Seasons and when the Auberge opportunity arose, he jumped at it. There are a lot of very good people at Auberge now, so it could be a group to watch.
scented likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Mauna Lani (Big Island) - $250 a day resort credit

Auberge Resorts has recently taken over management of the Mauna Lani on the Big Island. The new owners closed the resort for an extensive $200 million renovation. Guest rooms look light, airy, and attractive. Bathrooms are now marble with step-in showers. New pool area with landscaping and a new adults-only pool. The resort seems to have gotten the major attention that it quite frankly needed...

And it's reopening in January with an incredible promotion: $250 daily resort credit with a booking of 4+ days in an Ocean View and above ... and the Virtuoso amenities apply — daily breakfast for two, another one-time $100 resort credit, and upgrade if available.

The deal is good through 20NOV, 2020. I think this one deserves serious consideration if FS Hualalai pricing is beyond your budget. Mauna Lani can be booked on the Virtuoso.com booking engine. While the promo doesn't seem to be loaded, it is in Sabre, so the rate can easily be revised by a Sabre-qualified Virtuoso travel advisor from the regular Virtuoso rate code to the Virtuoso Mauna Lani Journey rate code. Same price ... but with the $250 per day credit.
dgreen12 and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:58 pm

Would love to hear any early visits
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by mktozd
Would love to hear any early visits
Agreed. I like what I see on the website. Can you rent any of the houses or villas there and get access to the hotel amenities?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by chobby100
Agreed. I like what I see on the website. Can you rent any of the houses or villas there and get access to the hotel amenities?

I understand that: "Property owners at the Mauna Lani Resort can join the Advantage Club, which provides charge privileges and discounts at some resort venues, use of the Beach Club, Racquet Club and priority tee times and reduced green fees at both golf courses." Not sure exactly what the means with the "new" hotel or the fairmont as well.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:23 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Booking clients here at the moment and finding the value to be very good!!
FS Hualalai is great in its own right but the rooms are seriously dated so Mauna Lani is returning at a great time.
I will share feedback when available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.