Original Poster

The Westin Excelsior, Florence

Map| 3 Reviews | 67% Recommended

Piazza Ognissanti 3 Florence, IT 50123

Westin Excelsior, Florence (5 Photos)

My first trip to Italy and stayed at the Westin Excelsior in Florence for 2 nights in a penthouse with terrace room using points. It was very nice and the terrace was huge with a great river view.

Room

It even had an automatic awning that could come out at the first sign or rain, and wooden electric exterior blinds on the door to the terrace and the two windows which really shut out the morning light.The decor was first class, right down to padded cloth wallpaper and excellent wooden cabinets.

Service

I was surprised that this was the only hotel on our trip that didn't leave chocolates with the turn down service (I'm a chocoholic).The Westin was also the only hotel on our trip (which included the Sorrento Hilton, Marriott Grand Flora, Venice Danieli) that didn't give us a welcome bottle of champagne.

Dining

The dining room at the Westin has quite a limited choice in dinners and was seldom very busy - price may be a factor as it's pretty high compared to restarurants nearby. Seating in the restaurant was uncomfortable. Location very good ... close to everything, including the train station which is walking distance for many people.

Westin Excelsior, Florence

Would you like to write a review on the The Westin Excelsior, Florence?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Trip report on Westin Excelsior Florence

Map| 3 Reviews | 67% Recommended

Piazza Ognissanti 3 Florence, IT 50123

Trip report on Westin Excelsior Florence (0 Photo)

Good location, a 5-min walk to the Ponte Vecchio or the Duomo, and right on the Arno.

Room

Upgraded to an unbelievable room (room 540) on the top floor with its own immense terrace looking out at the city and Duomo.Many, though not all, of the top floor rooms have private terraces in varying sizes. Room (suite) was very large and plush.

Service

Staff was excellent, and the concierge (as FTers have reported before) was superb. We used the business center across the street in the Grand, which also had nice public spaces.

They also have afternoon snacks in the bars, apparently at no charge.

Overall

We would absolutely recommend the hotel, especially if you can get an upgrade to top floor.

Trip report on Westin Excelsior Florence

Would you like to write a review on the The Westin Excelsior, Florence?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.