Reload this Page >

Sydney Hotel Reviews - Consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Hotel Reviews - Consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:40 pm

I'm curious to know if anyone's stayed at the Four Seasons Sydney since their renovations in 2019 and can comment on how things are today. We had initially booked the Shangri-la for five nights in July via FHR, but just changed the reservation to the Four Seasons as the reviews/ratings we found for the Four Seasons were higher/better than the Shangri-la.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by studentflyer3412
I'm curious to know if anyone's stayed at the Four Seasons Sydney since their renovations in 2019 and can comment on how things are today. We had initially booked the Shangri-la for five nights in July via FHR, but just changed the reservation to the Four Seasons as the reviews/ratings we found for the Four Seasons were higher/better than the Shangri-la.
It's a fine four star hotel with a location that can't really be beat. The renovations in the rooms make them feel much brighter. The problem is the standard rooms are tiny. In addition, they barely touched the bathrooms. I wouldn't stay at the FS in anything smaller than a Premier room.

Breakfast is good and they are always attentive in the restaurant. The public areas still pretty much look like they were designed in 1985 and the gym is outdated. Don't expect an upgrade of more than a better view. And be prepared for lengthy waits for elevators if you're staying on a weekend.

Even with the caveats above, I think this is the best hotel for the price in Sydney with a harbor view. Park Hyatt is outrageously priced (and not so great in terms of service these days) and Intercontinental is nice but service is extremely lacking. The only real competition to the FS in my mind is Capella, but no rooms with similar views at Capella.
turnips likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by jja34-1
It's a fine four star hotel with a location that can't really be beat. The renovations in the rooms make them feel much brighter. The problem is the standard rooms are tiny. In addition, they barely touched the bathrooms. I wouldn't stay at the FS in anything smaller than a Premier room.

Breakfast is good and they are always attentive in the restaurant. The public areas still pretty much look like they were designed in 1985 and the gym is outdated. Don't expect an upgrade of more than a better view. And be prepared for lengthy waits for elevators if you're staying on a weekend.

Even with the caveats above, I think this is the best hotel for the price in Sydney with a harbor view. Park Hyatt is outrageously priced (and not so great in terms of service these days) and Intercontinental is nice but service is extremely lacking. The only real competition to the FS in my mind is Capella, but no rooms with similar views at Capella.
Thanks for your insight. As mentioned, I've seen very good reviews of the FS online through the various bookings/review sites, so I was a bit concerned when I saw some of the reviews here. But your comments put my mind at ease somewhat. Hopefully we'll get a good room upgrade.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by studentflyer3412
Thanks for your insight. As mentioned, I've seen very good reviews of the FS online through the various bookings/review sites, so I was a bit concerned when I saw some of the reviews here. But your comments put my mind at ease somewhat. Hopefully we'll get a good room upgrade.
I wouldn't rely on an upgrade if you're hoping for a bigger room. Best you will likely get is an upgrade in terms of view. The hotel is often fully booked by tour/cruise groups, conventions and weddings, not to mention the weekend crowd that is attracted to the Four Seasons name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.