Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Possible for TA To Take Over Existing Hotel Reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:23 am
Original Poster

For an upcoming trip to South America I booked a week at a luxury lodge directly with the property. The reservations are confirmed and a substantial deposit is in place. Management has been most helpful in direct discussions (which they encourage) regarding villa and food preferences as well as excursions, etc. offered by the lodge.

Subsequently I decided to substantially expand the original trip and this includes additional hotels and lodges, private guides and transfers. A TA based in the region and recommended by the lodge is handling the additional arrangements. Coordinating the logistics of the new trip with the exisiting lodge reservations is becoming quite a challenge and will likely require a change to both date and length of stay at the lodge.

Is there any fair and ethical way my TA can take over the lodge reservation, deal with them directly in regard to changes, transfers and other matters and therefore integrate everything into one trip?

I would imagine my TA (who is commission based) would be reluctant to take on the additional work and responsibility without some compensation, and I would also expect the Lodge to be reluctant to pay a commission to a TA who has had nothing to do with a confirmed and secured reservation.

I know nothing of the inner workings of the industry so comments would be most welcome, particularly from the TA's who frequent this forum.

Many thanks
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Presumably if the Lodge recommended this TA as you say, he is well-covered by the commissions on all the other things you had arranged. If there is any need for a connection between the TA and the recommending hotel regarding your stay there, I would be reasonably confident they can work it out between them without troubling you.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Depending on the property (or chain), it is possible for a TA to take over a booking. If the property is willing to have the TA take over the reservation, it would just take your authorization for the TA to be able to do so. If successful, the TA would receive a commission for the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.