FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

pretty sure that’s available through virtuoso as well right?

i find prepay at 15 days is fine.... I hate the 60 day plus that some places (I’m looking at your Twin Farms) a bit much. For small remote hotels; it’s effectively a two week cancellation policy which is fair in either direction in my opinion...

fds
That has been my experience when booking Aman stays through my Virtuoso TA
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Just booked Noi direct as Stay 4, Pay 3 offers trumps Virtuoso.

I never, ever prepay hotel rates as personal preference, but the property is asking for full prepayment 15 days prior to arrival. Worth pushing back?
Normal at nearly every Aman
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:55 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

pretty sure that’s available through virtuoso as well right?

Not loaded for 2020 yet. If Virtuoso offers it I'll cancel and rebook.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:13 am

So I think I have my list of events/excursions we want to do.

Fishing Village, Sacred Sham, Taste of Phan Rang, Lunch Picnic at Ong Hao.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for dinner? There's the cliff pool dinner, the beachside BBQ and the lake romantic dinner.

Amanoi recommended the Cliff Pool dinner and doing the twilight cliff lounge before hand. Cliff lounge is pretty pricey at basically $400 for what seems like not much.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for dinner? There's the cliff pool dinner, the beachside BBQ and the lake romantic dinner.

Amanoi recommended the Cliff Pool dinner and doing the twilight cliff lounge before hand. Cliff lounge is pretty pricey at basically $400 for what seems like not much.

Any thoughts?

For my upcoming stay in May I've selected the following:
Thai An Cycling Tour
Romantic Dinner at Lake Pavilion
Lunch Picnic w/ Snorkling at Suoi Sao beach
Taste of Phan Rang tour
Vietnamese Cooking Class
Hike to Goga Peak

based on my communications with Joy, these are some of the most popular activities, I was also debating between the Lake Dinner and the Cliff Side Dinner, but ultimately decided on the Lake, as I am not sure how the view would be at the Cliff Side once the sun sets, could be a great spot to have breakfast or lunch during our stay though, so we may end up doing that.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Any thoughts?
Lotus lake dinner is very beautiful and picturesque if the weather cooperates.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by specboi
For my upcoming stay in May I've selected the following:
Thai An Cycling Tour
Romantic Dinner at Lake Pavilion
Lunch Picnic w/ Snorkling at Suoi Sao beach
Taste of Phan Rang tour
Vietnamese Cooking Class
Hike to Goga Peak

based on my communications with Joy, these are some of the most popular activities, I was also debating between the Lake Dinner and the Cliff Side Dinner, but ultimately decided on the Lake, as I am not sure how the view would be at the Cliff Side once the sun sets, could be a great spot to have breakfast or lunch during our stay though, so we may end up doing that.
We got engaged at the Lotus Lake pagoda, followed by a private dinner, back in 2015. According to Joy we gave them the idea to offer this as a published private dining option, so I'm biased, but think its a fantastic choice.
specboi likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
We got engaged at the Lotus Lake pagoda, followed by a private dinner, back in 2015. According to Joy we gave them the idea to offer this as a published private dining option, so I'm biased, but think its a fantastic choice.
Yes I read your review, and got my inspiration for the trip from you
I even copied your hotel in HK, we are also staying at TUH for 2 nights before Amanoi for 4, and then finishing off the trip at Aman Tokyo
callmedtop likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:35 pm

Hike to Goga Peak
I can't remember which hike I did there - not sure that it was the Goga Peak one. It was one of the best things I've ever done though. The scenery is absolutely spectacular and the sense of remoteness is intense. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

specboi likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:42 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by ajca
I can't remember which hike I did there - not sure that it was the Goga Peak one. It was one of the best things I've ever done though. The scenery is absolutely spectacular and the sense of remoteness is intense. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

That's not Goga Peak, looks a bit further down.

Goga Peak pics in the 360 here (sorry, can't embed the 360 here - or not sure how to): https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk/aman...-hotel-review/

A few of my DSLR pics were also taken FROM Goga Peak, looking back onto Amanoi (e.g. the pic of Amanoi Ocean Pool Villa #3 )
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:42 pm

Any thoughts?
If you do Sacred Cham (which was really special - highly recommend) you definitely don’t need to do Cliff Pool dinner as they are basically the same vantage point. The dinner part of Sacred Cham is on a platform down below the central pavilion (on the path to Goga Peak) overlooking the same section of the coast. If I were you I would do it at the lake, which is more unique to Amanoi than the beach.

I would say you can skip visiting Vinh Hy (not much there). We did the Cau Gay Discovery hike instead, which starts at the edge of Vinh Hy and takes you up through a much more traditional village to a homestead on the mountain where the sister of one of the Amanoi beach ladies (who is also the guide) lives. Really, really cool, but be aware the hike is tough in places (steep with some big rocks to climb over, streams to cross, etc.)

On the question about payment in advance, those were our payment terms as well and they just never charged it in advance. Don’t know if that was an anomaly (it was this year though).

The staff at Amanoi are so amazing that you’ll be well taken care of no matter what you choose to do. You can’t go wrong.
specboi likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great replies!

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
Cau Gay Discovery hike instead, which starts at the edge of Vinh Hy and takes you up through a much more traditional village to a homestead on the mountain where the sister of one of the Amanoi beach ladies (who is also the guide) lives.

On the question about payment in advance, those were our payment terms as well and they just never charged it in advance.

The staff at Amanoi are so amazing
thanks!
Old May 1, 2019, 5:51 pm

So given that my trip to Amanoi is about a week away, I started to look at the weather forecast.
and unfortunately it looks like there will be Thunderstorms pretty much for the whole time that I'm there.

Just curious to know how accurate the forecast are? And is Amanoi still enjoyable even if it does rain the whole time we are there?
Old May 1, 2019, 6:19 pm

So given that my trip to Amanoi is about a week away, I started to look at the weather forecast.
and unfortunately it looks like there will be Thunderstorms pretty much for the whole time that I'm there.

Just curious to know how accurate the forecast are? And is Amanoi still enjoyable even if it does rain the whole time we are there?
Forecasts generally not accurate due to Noi’s unique micro climate.
specboi likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Not very enjoyable at all. This happened to us last year around this time too. The first day was sunny blue skies amazing and then the rain came and never let up 3 days straight.

We ended up spaing and a lot of Netflix and chilling. It was a disaster but nature and the microclimate is something you can't control.
specboi likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; May 1, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.