Starwood "Luxury Privileges" program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood "Luxury Privileges" program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:53 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Booked a Luxury Privileges rate through my TA. The hotel is listed as “upgraded at booking” however my room type still shows the same. Is there something I need to do for the upgrade?
You should be asking the TA
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:38 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Booked a Luxury Privileges rate through my TA. The hotel is listed as “upgraded at booking” however my room type still shows the same. Is there something I need to do for the upgrade?
Don't know how your TA made the booking — either Sabre or the Marriott website, I assume — but in either case, the confirmation that the reservation generates shows the room category booked. Although the hotel should apply the upgrade when they see the reservation, it's your TA's job to contact the hotel, verify that they have applied the upgrade, and ask them to provide you with some documentation to that effect.

Time *is* of the essence, as "upgrade at booking" typically depends on availability in the next category ... so your TA should definitely follow up right away, either on the phone or by email with his/her sales rep at the hotel.
United747 and levilevi like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Will Marriott have something like LP?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Will Marriott have something like LP?
There will probably, in time, be a unified amenity program across all of the MILUX brands (Marriott International Luxury). I've been told that STARS is going to be upgraded to world class status (but no details) and that the former Starwood brands will at some point have a single point of contact like the STARS "guardian angels."

But we'll all have to wait to find out what comes of this...
Old May 2, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Can I make a reservation by myself using LU3 code? Or do I have to do through a TA?
I can see the rate properly but I'm not sure benefits would be honored or not if I book directly.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Love the spelling in the rate description. Lol!
Old May 2, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

You won’t get the Luxury Privileges amenities w/o the IATA of a preferred partner travel advisor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.