Wiki Posts
Search

FS Marunouchi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Silver; Delta
FS Marunouchi

Has anyone been there recently? If so, thoughts?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Outstanding service and perfect location. We took the bus out to NRT and the staff walked us with luggage all the way across the road and down the block to the bus stand.

Love the console with all the cords you need right at the desk. iPod chargers and tv connector to watch on the big screen. A very tech savvy hotel.

Everything was above and beyond.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Sounds like I made a good choice!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by Usairelite
Sounds like I made a good choice!
I've been agonizing over a choice between the Penn and the FSM.

At this point I'm strongly leaning towards the FSM because of everyones excellent reviews of the FS service.

Three questions for those in the know:

1. Do both the Penn and the FSM offer complimentary bikes?
2. Does anyone know if there is a steam room/sauna at the FSM or the Penn?
3. There has been some talk of cigarette/cigar smoke in the bar/lounge areas of both the Penn and the FSM. Can anyone comment on this? We'll be with the children and are sensitive to smoke ourselves. Is smoking permitted in bars/restaurants in Japan?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I know FSM offers bikes, but that's the only question I can answer.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by Usairelite
I know FSM offers bikes, but that's the only question I can answer.
And, I received PM notification that they both have steam rooms.

Anyone have knowledge of the smoke situation at FSM or Penn?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U

Not sure about the Pen, but smoking is allowed in the lobby and bar at the FS. The bar and restaurant are essentially the same, so smoke is impossible to avoid. This is Japan and not California .... Make sure to request a NS floor and room. This is a terrific hotel. One of the best.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:11 pm
CMV

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
Smoking is allowed in the bar at the Penn and can be heavy at times. Don't let this detract from what is otherwise a great hotel.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U

Smoking is allowed at Ekki bar, however not in the restaurant. I believe the same is true of Peter at the Peninsula. Both restaurants are spacious enough that smoke should not be noticeable, especially if you request to be seated far away from the bar area.

In Japan smoking is always allowed at bars in hotels.

It is unlikely there would be smoking in the Peninsula's Chinese restaurant, but I assume it could be allowed in the private dining rooms.

The Italian and Japanese restaurants of the Shangri-la should be smoke free because they do not have adjacent bar areas.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:41 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Here is my TR from the Pen. Pool is the deciding factor for me.

http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/peninsul...w-part-14.html
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Have they finally got around to renovate their rooms? My last stay was back in 2008 and while service was great, the rooms were getting long in the tooth.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Have they finally got around to renovate their rooms? My last stay was back in 2008 and while service was great, the rooms were getting long in the tooth.
No, the light renovation has not even been anounced to the public yet. I don't believe work has started in any room or suite categories yet, IIRC it will begin in early or mid 2013.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:44 am

Renovation should start mid 2013, using Yabu Pushelberg again, who did the original designs. Amazing, caring service at this hotel and I love the fact it's so small - a real boutique. Nice GM, Daniel Simon.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Renovation should start mid 2013, using Yabu Pushelberg again, who did the original designs. Amazing, caring service at this hotel and I love the fact it's so small - a real boutique. Nice GM, Daniel Simon.
YP also did Peter, the Pen's rooftop bar/restaurant, though the style is a bit dated now.

To be clear - it is only Peter that is afflicted with smokers - you cannot smoke in lobby restaurant, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.