Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo: New Palace Hotel, FS Marunouchi or Pen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Is it really the case that nobody has tried the Palace Hotel yet?

It really is a fabulous looking place, so it's a shame that nobody is giving it a chance.
I'm not sure I agree that it is fabulous looking - and there are now enough superb options in the immediate area that it is not really that compelling. I too find it interesting, but it won't shift me from the places I regularly stay at.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
Looking at the Peninsula Tokyo's website, there are no rates loaded for March-April 2014 but there are rates for May-August 2014. Are they closing for a renovation or something?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I see rates for March & April in the GDS.

Davido
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
FWIW, Google Maps allows you to zoom into Tokyo Station these days and see an interior map with floor numbers, so it's not a complete black box. It's what we plan on using when transiting from HND to the Shang. We'd use their meet and greet but at the hour we're arriving (10:30P) it's unclear when or how we'll arrive.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Is it really the case that nobody has tried the Palace Hotel yet?

It really is a fabulous looking place, so it's a shame that nobody is giving it a chance.
I've been there for a kaiseki lunch and it was fabulous. Oozes luxury and class when you walk in the main lobby.

I felt the opposite about the FS: Marunouchi.

Pros:

- location to Ginza, Tokyo station platforms and shopping. Walked a helluva lot and it was convenient that way.
- attentive staff with decent or good English

Cons:
- late delivering breakfast
- slow checking out almost made us miss our N'ex train in the morning
- old, worn carpets and room look. I wasn't swept off my feet with luxury like the Pen or MO and I'll never stay there again
- no availability for upgrade (could have been high season but disappointing, nonetheless)
- no real bar, just coffee tables with armoires

Last edited by Aventine; Jan 6, 2014 at 12:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.